1. YouTube removes cryptocurrency-related content. This was reported at least 5 western crypto-channels, such as Chris Dunn, Chico Crypto, The Cryptoverse, Crypto Tips and BTC Sessions.
They note that there can be two reasons for these events: either these are actions in accordance with the new censorship policy for cryptocurrency content, or this is due to the Telegram user under the nickname IamSamSmith, who in conversation with Bitcoin.com said that bans are his business.
2. Vitalik Buterin, the creator of Ethereum, proposed a solution for an early transition to the second version of the protocol, which «allows you to get rid of the PoW chain and moves everything to the Beacon Chain in accordance with the accelerated schedule». He said that this solution can be implemented by using a client without stateless, while mining and instructions for a virtual machine will require less «redesign».
To implement this scenario, there are necessary several client software implementations – «functions without a side effect for block verification». There is also necessary a method to generate block evidence and change on the side of the Ethereum 1.0 protocol to work with it.
3. This Monday, Justin Sun, CEO of TRON, devoted a huge amount of his posts to the blockchain-based game «Just.Game». He said this is «the greatest moment in the history of the decentralized application industry». However, if we delve a little inside the system, we can make a conclusion that this is a banal financial pyramid. The meaning of the game is simple – you need to invest TRX in the project and attract new participants. At their expense, the potential balance of previously entered participants is growing.
It is also worth noting, that the organizers of Just.Game previously created similar projects, such as Fomo3D and Exitscam Me. They both ceased to exist right after the depletion of the flow of investors. As before, the creators of Just.Game relieve themselves of any responsibility, and you cannot get anything from a smart-contract.
Subscribers of Sun accused him of advertising the pyramid, while the TRX rate dropped by 5%.
4. Canaan will supply its products with 5-nm chips in the first quarter of next year.
Jianping Kong, co-founder of Canaan, noted that after the IPO, the company opened up new opportunities for cooperation. Now it is the only major manufacturer of mining equipment that collaborates with TSMC and Samsung. 5nm chips will be supplied by TSMC.
5. The North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) has included investments in cryptocurrencies among the main threats to investors next year.
In total, it named 5 products and schemes that are most likely to be used to deceive consumers next year. In addition to cryptocurrencies, the list also includes guarantee bills, real estate, Ponzi schemes and investment schemes in the network.
The report was generated based on data from US, Canadian and Mexican securities regulators who reported investor complaints and current trends in the investigation.
6. Mike Blandina is the new CEO of the Bakkt platform. He has been in this position since December 20. He succeeded Kelly Loffler, who was forced to leave office because of her appointment to the Senate. Blandina previously served as product director for the company.
He will adhere to Bakkt’s current policy and will develop existing initiatives, including a Bitcoin consumer app in collaboration with Starbucks.
7. Larry Chermak, The Block portal analyst, conducted a study of liquidity in the cryptocurrency space and came to disappointing conclusions.
According to him, 95% of the cryptocurrencies on the market don`t have liquidity, and 2% have a very small indicator.
By liquidity Chermak means the ability to quickly buy or sell an asset at a market price or close to it.
«I often hear that the death of a cryptocurrency is a fall in its price to zero. This conclusion is not true. The death of most shitcoins is the loss of liquidity» he said.
If you do not take into account stablecoins, then the most liquid cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, Litecoin, XRP and Bitcoin Cash.
8. Bitwise’s digital asset manager told the SEC that he intends to apply for the launch of an ETF for Bitcoin again.
It should be reminded, that earlier the SEC sent a 112-page document, in which it described the reasons for the refusal. They mainly relate to concerns about market manipulation and the exchange of market activity data. In his answer, Bitwise writes that Bitcoin is «uniquely immune» to them, because the price is formed in a market way on exchanges.
«Bitcoin is completely interchangeable, which allows for effective arbitration between trading platforms. In this regard, it is not subject to manipulation by individual markets» Bitwise wrote.
9. Jeffrey Tucker, American economist observer and Bitcoin fan, believes that Ripple and XRP can change the world, but XRP is not necessarily suitable for a retail investor.
«Ripple with its XRP can solve the deficiencies of the existing SWIFT payment system. However, if a company wants to achieve more success, it needs to attract more retail investors» he said.
10. For the second time, the BitMEX research unit conducted an ICO market research and found out that almost all projects incurred losses to long-term investors.
It should be reminded, that the first such analysis was presented in May. Then, analysts expressed their concerns regarding the long-term prospects for token pricing. As it turned out, they were right. 11 of the 12 analyzed tokens, that were sold by developers during the IEO, fell significantly in price relative to the price at the time public trading on the exchange started. The MATIC project was only exception.
11. The blockchain project «NULS» has been hacked. Hackers stole about 2 million coins, and more than 500,000 have already sold.
In the near future, the project team plans to conduct a hard fork, which will freeze the remaining 1,451,645 coins,which the attackers have. They want to prevent the cryptocurrency price crash with this step.
«The attack was possible due to a vulnerability in NULS 2.2 version, which we have already fixed. Cryptocurrency exchanges are actively cooperating with us. We are ready for hard fork, we will release the update as soon as possible» the developers said.