1. The Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) asks the Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation, to help accelerate the process of approving the fundamentals of taxation, currency control, administrative and criminal liability conditions for cryptocurrencies.
Russian daily broadsheet newspaper «Izvestia» have got into the hands a letter signed by Vladimir Potanin, Chairman of the Board of «Norilsk Nickel».
Industrialists want to develop their own digital assets to reduce reliance on settlements in traditional currencies. They believe that the current bill on Digital Financial Assets, which is still under development, is not enough to take up the active implementation of initiatives on the blockchain.
«In the future, Russian enterprises will be able to issue, for example, « gas», «oil» or «metal» tokens, and investors will buy them» it is said in the publication.
2. Heath Tarbert, Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), explained the reasons for criticizing Libra and its lack of bitcoin.
«Bitcoin has been successfully operating for about 10 years. Regulators have already been able to understand the principle of its operation. But the situation with Libra is different» he said, adding that stablecoin is just starting to develop, but it already has signs of an exchange-traded fund (ETF), and, accordingly, it is likely, that The SEC will regulate it.
According to the head of CFTC, bitcoin is not legal tender in the United States, but it is recognized as a commodity and, accordingly, it is regulated by its department.
3. Jerome Powell, The chairman of the Fed’s governing council, said that the Central Bank of America is considering launching its own cryptocurrency, but the benefits of this initiative are not yet obvious.
«If it is financially transparent and can provide precautions in terms of illegal activities, then the Fed will need to constantly keep records of all transactions. In this regard, issues of data privacy and information security arise» he noted.
4. Bloomberg found out that the Chinese mining company Canaan Inc. raised $ 90 million after evaluating its initial public offering.
In total, 10 million American depositary shares were sold at $ 9 per unit. Moreover, the shares were offered at prices ranging from $ 9 to $ 11, that is, the minimum amount of funds was attracted.
It should be reminded, that in October the company wanted to get $ 400 million, but later the underwriters in the person of Credit Suisse Group AG refused to work with it, and as a result, it was necessary to renew the application and reduce the expected amount to $ 100 million. According to Bloomberg, Credit Suisse doubted that it would succeed to get the necessary amount.
5. Binance bought Indian cryptocurrency exchange «WazirX» and thereby gained access to the Indian market, and this is a user base for more than a billion people.
Now, from November 25, residents of India will be able to use the infrastructure of the exchange and trade cryptocurrencies in pairs with rupees.
It is assumed, that the transaction amount is estimated approximately $ 5-10 million, however, this is unconfirmed information, because Nishal Shetty, CEO of WazirX, decided not to distribute the details of the transaction. All 20 employees of the exchange will move to Binance team.
6. Dan Shulman, CEO of PayPal, in a conversation with Fortune Magazine, shared his experience of investing in cryptocurrencies, and also talked about the reasons for leaving the Libra Association.
It should be reminded, that in October, PayPal became the first company, which decided to quit Facebook’s cryptocurrency initiative.
According to Shulman, the reason for leaving is in the relations with regulators, which his company values and which he wouldn’t want to spoil.
There was the following dialogue regarding investing in cryptocurrencies:
– Do you invest in cryptocurrencies?
– Yes, in bitcoin.
– Only in bitcoin?
– Yes. Only.
7. Since September of this year, the French gendarmerie’s anti-cybercrime unit has been using the Tezos blockchain. This was reported by the center for information and public relations. According to a Wednesday release, one of the key players in the Tezos ecosystem is Nomadic Labs.
Project participants use blockchain to record costs arising from investigations.
«This is one of the first cases when a public entity uses smart contracts for operational purposes» the company wrote.
8. According to the portal «Etherscan», The Ethereum network has reduced the miners reward for mined blocks.
The problem is in the activation of the complexity bomb. Moreover, it is interesting, that the network update, which is planned in a few weeks, doesn`t imply the transfer of a complexity bomb. In other words, this can happen only after six months, when another hard fork will be activated.
9. Cryptocurrency exchange «ShapeShift» introduced its own token «FOX», which can be used to exempt from paying commissions.
Each user will receive 100 FOX, when registering on the exchange. One token allows you to make transactions without commissions in the amount of $ 10. In other words, having 100 FOX, you can make transactions without a commission in the amount of $ 1,000. You will need to buy tokens for the next transactions.
Currently, 1 billion FOX released. It is reported, that this is the maximum amount.
«Since 2017, we have been actively considering the possibility of creating our own token. At the same time, we don`t plan to develop our own blockchain» Voorhees said.
10. Sberbank received a patent for a system for the automatic execution of REPOS with using blockchain technology. Bank experts developed this solution.
The terms of the REPO transaction will be prescribed in a smart contract, which then executes the first part of the transaction by sending cash and securities to participants.
In addition, the system automatically monitors the market value of securities during the entire transaction cycle. Based on this data, the smart contract automatically settles between the parties, and then closes the transaction.
As noted Andrey Shemetov, Vice President of Sberbank, Sberbank was the first financial institution in Russia, which managed to obtain a similar patent.