1. This week began sadly for the Bitfinex exchange and LEO token holders. The prosecutor’s office handed over the documents to the Supreme Court of New York, where states «the defendant had extensive and regular contact with New York».
Earlier, Bitfinex and Tether stated that the case should be closed because companies don`t cooperate with investors from New York. However, according to prosecutors, this is false information. As evidence to the court, correspondence was provided between Bitfnex and Mike Novograc`s cryptocurrency company «Galaxy Digital» in October 2018, in which the first one offers to the second to become its client.
The prosecution also managed to find out that the exchange has two accounts in New York banks – Signature Bank and Noble Bank.
Among other things, the claimant mentioned a campaign in which Bitfinex raised money by selling LEO tokens. The prosecution claims that the initial exchange offer has signs of issuing securities.
Apparently, because of this, LEO literally collapsed to $ 1.45.
It didn’t help even that on Monday Bitfinex announced the expansion of the UNUS SED LEO redemption program.
Now, not only 27% of the revenue from commission fees at Tokinex will be used for this, but also the funds that can be earned on the initial exchange offerings held at Tokinex.
Representatives of the exchange also noted, that during the next weeks additional benefits for LEO holders will be realized. At the moment, it is possible to use reduced commissions during the conclusion of transactions.
2. Wang Xin, the head of research bureau «PBoC», said that because of the risks that arise from the development of the Facebook cryptocurrency initiative, the Central Bank of China is forced to accelerate the development of its own digital currency.
«We need to know which currencies will be included in the basket as a security for Libra. There might be a situation in which there will be one main boss-the US dollar and America. We cannot let that happen».
3. Another cryptocurrency pyramid «Bitcoin Wallet» was closed in South Africa.
Recently, the media started to suspect the company of fraudulent activities, since it promised 100% revenue in two weeks.
However, this didn`t stop depositors and they carried «more than 2 million rands per day» (approximately 140-150 thousand US dollars).
4. The cryptocurrency project «Tron» has found itself at the center of a scandal after cadres appeared in which Chinese police searched the Beijing office.
Users, who posted photos to social networks, reported that the police called the project «fraud».
However, it became known later, that the police arrived because of the victims of fraud, who invested in a fake project. It is about the Wave Field Super Community. The attackers used the Chinese spelling of Tron to deceive customers, and the victims felt that the fraud was a real project. As a result, Tron representatives themselves called the police to stabilize the situation.
In China, the Tron project is known as «Wave Field», which was actually used by scammers.
5. The large cryptocurrency exchange «KuCoin» will soon launch a platform for trading cryptocurrency derivatives KuMEX. Beta testing is well under way.
It is reported, that the platform was developed from scratch. Customers will have the opportunity to take a leverage of 20x. The first derivative will be XBTUSDM. Users will be able to operate with three types of orders: limit, market and stop orders.
It is also reported, that half of the net profit of KuMEX will be credited to the holders of KCS – KuCoin’s own token – in the form of bonuses.
6. Lenders of the previously popular Mt Gox exchange continue to wait for the start of the liquidation and compensation process. The investment group Fortress reported that it is ready to buy cryptocurrency rights for $ 900 per coin, which is 2 times more than it was at the time of bankruptcy ($ 451).
It should be noted, that the ex-leader of the creditors group of Mt Gox, Andy Pag, previously announced his desire to sell his stake at $ 600 for Bitcoin.
7. TRON and BitTorrent launched software for optimization of downloads using a BitTorrent torrent client called BitTorrent Speed, which implemented support for the BTT token.
Users can earn BTT for file distribution. The size of the reward will depend on the speed and duration of the distribution.
Also, there was presented an integrated wallet that can be used to manage earned tokens.
Against the background of these news, the BTT exchange rate gradually grew, but immediately after the publication dropped by 10%.
8. On Monday, polish exchange «Bitmarket» «went into the sunset».
«We are forced to suspend operations due to low liquidity. We will inform you about further actions» the representatives of the exchange write.
Bitmarket was founded in 2014 and it was one of the largest cryptoexchanges in Poland. The popularity was largely due to the support of fiat currencies and leverage.
9. Bitcoins, which were recently stolen from the Binance Exchange, started moving.
Twitter account «Whale Alert» reports that 707.1 BTC were moved from one of the intruders’ wallets to addresses that were not previously in the attention of analysts.
It should be reminded that the exchange was hacked in May of this year, as a result of which 7000 BTC was stolen. Until now, attackers have not moved these bitcoins.
10. On Monday, an over-the-counter platform for trading, lending and storing of cryptocurrency will be launched by the founder of the mining company «Bitmain» Jihan Wu Matrixport.
Matrixport plans to compete with companies like BitGo Inc. and Genesis Global Trading Inc.