1. Recently, it became known, that LedgerX became the first American company, which starts providing access to deliverable futures to bitcoin, thus ahead of Bakkt. Media reported that LedgerX received licenses to operate as a futures exchange (DCM) and clearing the cryptocurrency derivatives (DCO).
However, it didn’t last long. Later experts noted that, in fact, there was no publication on the LedgerX website or through the CFTC channels, regarding the receiving of the above-mentioned licenses. Also, data on the trading volume of the new instrument were`t provided by any analytical resource.
A source, which is familiar with the situation, said that LedgerX had some problems with the regulator and it asked the company to delete all messages, which are informing about the launch of the product. Indeed, a post with the text «Officially: We Launch Retail Trade on Omni» disappeared from LedgerX`s twitter. Instead, other information was appeared: «LedgerX Omni (DCM) has started! Get in the line…»
Later, the Commission informed CoinDesk that it didn`t give LedgerX permission to launch deliverable futures on bitcoin in fact.
2. Meanwhile, Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), said that Bakkt will launch deliverable futures on bitcoin «in the near future». He also didn`t tell any indicative dates.
3. The second Lightcoin`s halving will be completed very soon, on August 5. This will happen at block 1,680,000.
There is opinion in community that halving plays a key role in the pricing of coins such as Lightcoin or Bitcoin. Indeed, inflation decreases by two times, but the price should rise with increased demand. However, it is should be noted, that the market lives on expectations and, probably, halving is already included in the price of Lightcoin, so anyone should not expect a stunning growth immediately after the event. It’s better to get ready for the worst-falling asset prices.
Charlie Lee, the creator of the project, noted on this occasion that during the halving there may be problems in the network. Nevertheless, everything will stabilize over time.
4. The Chinese government has published another rating of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is still outside the top 10, but EOS, ETH and TRX took the first three lines in the list.
Each project receives points in three categories: basic technology, usage and innovation. EOS scored 153.1 points, ETH scored 148.6 points, but Bitcoin scored only 103 points.
Many representatives of the cryptoindustry criticize CCID ratings, because they seem biased and they prefer Chinese blockchain projects to more decentralized alternatives.
5. All-Russian Association of lawyer discussed changes in the country’s tax laws regarding cryptocurrencies.
In short, most experts have made the conclusion that it is necessary to look for a more moderately liberal approach in this matter, otherwise the industry may go into the «gray» zone of the economy, but this is a significant loss in the budget. They also noted that it is impossible for cryptocurrencies to submit exclusively to the general rules of taxation of property rights, because there are difficulties may arise.
The meeting participants decided that all tokens should be equated with property rights.
Mikhail Uspensky, Deputy Chairman of the Commission and partner of law firm «Taxology», suggested that the price of foreign cryptocurrencies (those that are in circulation outside of domestic platforms) was formed in relation to bitcoin, then in the relation to the US dollar, and then in the relation to the ruble at the exchange rate, which was established by the Central Bank.
There were other suggestions. More details here.
The conclusion of the discussion will be passed to the representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Central Bank, the Federal Tax Service, the Ministry of Digital Development and the State Duma.
6. On July 30, a similar meeting was held by the US Senate. Jeremy Aller (CEO Circle), Rebecca Nelson (international trade and finance specialist) and Mehra Baradaran (law professor from the University of California) were invited to the meeting.
In short, senators pretty good thinking about the cryptocurrencies and blockchain and believe in the potential of this industry, but they are hostile to the Libra. They think, that Facebook, under the auspices of innovation, wants to shake the dollar’s stability. In addition, the company has repeatedly proved that no one should trust it.
7. The Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation initiated an investigation in relation to the Far Eastern commercial and industrial company, which, according to preliminary data, didn`t pay about $ 1.2 million for 6,012 ASIC miners produced by Bitmain and imported from August 2017 to February 2018.
It is reported, that the company provided the customs service with fake documents, in which the prices of the equipment were incorrectly indicated.
8. To this day, 85% of the maximum emission of bitcoin has been mined.
According to blockchain columnist Blockchain.com, this Thursday, the 17,850,000th bitcoin was mined. As a result, 3.15 million more coins remained that miners would have to get over the next 120 years- until 2140.
9. A success IEO was held once again at Binance Launchpad. This time, they sold WINk project tokens. There were a total of 43 604 participants, who received a total of 837 808 tickets. 200,000 ticket, belonged to 40,870 users, were winning.
Trading in the pairs WIN / BNB, WIN / BTC, WIN / USDT and WIN / USDC was opened on August 1 at 13:00 Moscow time at a price of x4-x5 from IEO.
Some of the community representatives noted that this campaign wasn`t so successful. If it compare with the previous ones, when the price reached x20, then really x5 is not so much. Overall, the indicators is not bad. In addition, quotations can grow still.