1. On Tuesday, Telegram representative filed a petition to the New York court to abolish the lawsuit by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which restricts the company’s Gram token distribution business.
As evidence of the need for these measures, Telegram cites roughly the same arguments that were previously. So, according to the statement, Gram is not a security, and accordingly it exempts the company from its registration.
2. The leading Swiss stock exchange «SIX» has added an exchange product (ETP) based on the Tezos cryptocurrency to its platform.
The instrument was released by fintech company «Amun AG» in collaboration with the «Tezos Foundation» under the ticker AXTZ. It will allow investors to receive passive income from transactions on the Tezos blockchain. This is the first tool of its kind.
The exchange will use the custodial service Coinbase to store XTZ. Access to the tool will be provided to retail and professional investors.
3. The Chinese mining company Canaan Creative, which had previously announced its desire to raise $ 400 million through an IPO, lowered its fundraising goal to $ 400 million.
Canaan wants to sell 10 million ordinary shares at prices ranging from $ 9 to $ 11. If the campaign is successful, the capitalization of the mining giant will be $ 1.6 billion.
4. Mark Yusko, CEO of Morgan Creek Capital, in his speech at Digital Asset Summit said that visitors to the event should sell their Amazon shares and buy bitcoin with the proceeds.
Yusko is confident that blockchain technology has great development prospects. He compares the current position of the cryptocurrency ecosystem with the initial stage of the development of the Internet. In his opinion, Web2 no longer provides opportunities for huge earnings now, so you need to pay attention to a new nascent industry. At the same time, he believes that the real development of the cryptocurrency ecosystem will begin no earlier than 2024.
«1% of assets should be invested in bitcoin as in digital gold. Another 3-5% in the creation of infrastructure, so that there is an opportunity to build a new ecosystem. Nothing will even begin until 2024» he said.
5. Heath Tarbert, сhairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), doesn`t exclude that Ethereum 2.0 can be recognized as a security, because the mechanism for earning coins from cryptocurrency stacking is subject to the rule of «Howie test».
«We are analyzing this issue in detail» he said. «Mining is by nature more decentralized than stacking. Some validators can play a key role in making decisions».
6. Tim McCourt,the head of alternative investments of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), doesn`t share the point of view of Christopher Giancarlo, according to which the launch of bitcoin futures at the end of 2017 caused the collapse of the bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
«I often hear a question on this subject. My answer is no» he said.
McCourt noted that at that time the daily turnover of bitcoin futures was approximately 1,100 contracts, which is equivalent to 5,500 BTC.
«Futures could not have a strong impact. We simply didn`t have the necessary capital, and therefore the ability to influence pricing» he said.
7. The cryptocurrency exchange «Bitfinex» has announced the imminent launch of option contracts. It is planned for the first quarter of next year.
In addition, Paolo Ardoino, the technical director of Bitfinex and Tether, said that it is also planned to launch a stablecoin pegged to gold. Details regarding «Tether Gold» are not disclosed.
8. Bakkt also wants to provide a new tool- delivery futures for bitcoin, calculated in traditional currency.
The new instrument will be launch on the basis of the Singapore Clearing Center «ICE Clear Singapore». Access to it will be available to all company customers.
According to preliminary data, derivatives should appear by the end of this year. Active negotiations are underway with the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
At the moment, a similar product is presented on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
9. Coinbase opened its debit cards for 10 more European jurisdictions. In addition, new cryptocurrencies were added – XRP, Basic Attention Token (BAT), Augur (REP), Stellar (XLM) and 0x (ZRX).
10. The investment application «Abra» is also expanding its toolkit, and support for 200 cryptocurrencies will be added within a few weeks.
11. Binance has announced the next phase of its «Community Coin» program. During the campaign, users vote for a startup that will receive a listing on the trading platform.
This time, Aergo (AERGO) and Cortex (CTXC) were selected. In this regard, there was a sharp increase in assets. Aergo grew by 30%, and Cortex immediately by 50%.
For those who vote for the winner, Binance will pay a certain reward. Voting will begin on November 21 at 07:00 Moscow time and will last 24 hours.