1. A little more than a week has passed since the launch of the platform for institutional investors Bakkt and it’s high time to draw intermediate results.
So, for the first week of work on the platform, they entered into 623 monthly contracts, which translates into approximately $ 5 million in dollars at a bitcoin price of $ 8,300. Day futures turned out to be even less popular, investors concluded only 5 contracts.
For comparison, at CME last Friday only 4,099 contracts were concluded. Despite on the fact that one contract is 5 BTC on CME, and on Bakkt – 1 BTC.
2. French Hill and Bill Foster, members of the US House of Representatives, asked Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell to consider issuing their own digital currency, because if another state or private company creates a massive cryptocurrency, it could cause significant damage to the US dollar.
«The Fed is the US central bank. This organization has a monopoly on the issuance of the dollar and has the authority to develop a national digital currency. We are concerned about the fact that the dominant position of the US dollar may be violated due to the widespread use of digital fiat currencies. According to the Bank for International Settlements, at the moment, more than 40 countries are developing their own digital currency» lawmakers noted.
3. The Libra Association first published «a roadmap» that outlines the key challenges and accomplishments of the Calibra team.
Four key points, which developers want to achieve before launching the main network, are highlights in the publication. They are indicated by the number of nodes that the project partners will manage – from 5 to 100.
Meanwhile, some Libra partners are still worried about relationships with regulators who have concerns about the project. We are talking about such companies: Visa Inc., Mastercard Inc., PayPal Holdings Inc. and Stripe Inc. They still have not signed the organization’s charter.
The leaders of payment companies believe that Facebook has crossed the line, which is why regulators don`t feel calm and worry about the failures of the social network in other areas.
4. Investors of the Telegram Open Network blockchain project received a letter with instructions on further actions to receive Gram tokens. In addition, they gained access to a program that allows you to generate keys. The public key will need to be provided to the company until October 16 to receive the Gram.
Investors should also choose a validator to keep their Gram shares. Telegram and TON Foundation will not act as validators after the launch of the main network.
The company also said that everything is going according to plan and the launch of TON will take place in late October after the end of all tests.
5. The Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation proposed dividing cryptocurrencies into three main categories for their further regulation.
«We have found a certain approach that will allow us to move towards regulation, while not solving the problems that we are facing now» Alexei Moiseev,Deputy Finance Minister, said.
The division will occur into the following groups:
– Technical tokens that are used to maintain the functioning of systems;
– Virtual assets such as bitcoin;
– Digital financial assets such as ICO tokens.
6. John McAfee once again confirmed his forecast that Bitcoin will rise to $ 1 million in 2020. Such rapid growth, in his opinion, will be associated with limited emissions.
«In total, 21 million coins can be issued, 7 of which are already lost forever. And if Satoshi died, then a few more millions can be safely defined as finally missing» he said.
At the moment, 85% of all bitcoins have already been mined. It remains to get a little more than 3 million coins. At the same time, in May of next year, another halving will occur, which will reduce bitcoin inflation by 2 times.
«Just look at the numbers. If bitcoin takes 5% of the global economy, and it does, then each coin will cost $ 10 million. But since I`m a conservative person, I said $ 1 million for bitcoin» McAfee added.
7. Global Currency Organization (GCO) launched the stable digital currency USD Digital (USDD), pegged to the US dollar.
The new token is based on the Ethereum blockchain. It is interested in its unique profit distribution system, 50% of which will go to token holders.
«The new tool takes the best of two worlds. Exchanges and companies can get stablecoin and the profit that GCO shares with them» Joe Vellanikaran, CEO of the company, said.
8. The Swiss stock exchange «SIX» conducts Bitcoin and ether ETP listing, which was created by fintech company Amun AG in conjunction with the crypto custodian company «Bitcoin Suisse AG».
The new tool under the ABBA ticker is 90% provided with Bitcoin and 10% Ethereum. According to Hani Rashwan, co-founder and CEO of Amun AG, the product was created by taking into account the market needs for crypto-ETP denominated in Swiss francs.
9. Changpen Zhao, CEO Binance, hinted that the exchange can add support for Segregated Witness (SegWit) technology for Bitcoin transactions.
Developer Udi Wertheimer wrote to Zhao on Twitter that he will install the Binance logo on his avatar for the entire fourth quarter of 2019 if the exchange adds full SegWit support for deposit/withdrawal of bitcoins, but also allows the generation of new addresses to avoid reuse.
«What if in the first quarter of 2020?» CZ replied to him.