1. Friday morning was marked by an unusually large transaction on the Bitcoin network. At 6:30 in the morning, an unknown sender transferred 94,504 BTC (more than $ 1 billion). This was noticed by the Whale Alert Twitter account. In the comments under the publication, they immediately began to put forward assumptions about who could do this. The main version is associated with the imminent launch of the Bakkt platform. Bakkt representatives confirmed that they are already actively accepting deposits in bitcoins, but didn`t say anything about this major transfer.
TokenAnalyst, an analytic company, tracked the movement of Bitcoins and make a conclusion that at least a third of the BTC from this transaction are related to the Huobi Global exchange.
It is noteworthy, that the sender chose a rather high commission – 480 satoshi per byte. He paid $ 700 for the transfer, although he could choose 21 satoshi per byte and pay only $ 35.
Also interesting is the fact that on the same day, Bitcoin began a strong impulsive downward movement. Now it costs $ 10,400.
2. Paxos, a New York-based company, has released a new stablecoin supported by gold, Pax Gold (PAXG).
The tool is launched on the Ethereum blockchain. The collateral will be held at the Brink Gold Vault in London. The value of PAXG will be equated to an ounce of gold. Each stablecoin holder will be able at any time to exchange an asset for a physical bullion of precious metal.
«This is not a provision of goods, this is legal ownership of it» Charles Cascarilla, CEO of Paxos said.
3. Ethereum developers set a new date of activation for the Istanbul update on the test network – October 2. However, a time shift of 1-2 days is allowed depending on the speed of release of the blocks.
4. Bloomberg draws attention to the fact that Bitcoin reached a record level of inverse correlation with the yuan last week. This fact once again confirms the opinion that cryptocurrency in certain conditions can serve as a safe asset.
5. Recently, we reported that Binance launches a platform for trading Bitcoin-futures. It presented two platforms at once and invited testers to test them. One of them shared his impressions of interacting with platforms.
«Platform A is unsuitable for use due to the extremely high minimum limit on the size of the transaction. However, it has a pretty nice interface and decent specifications in other aspects. Platform B (it was developed by the JEX startup that Binance bought) allows to trade shares of contracts, but doesn`t have adequate documentation and represents a difficult-to-manage margin system» @ 2xjump writes on Twitter.
6. The Cointelegraph drew attention to the fact that users abruptly began to show interest in the Bitcoin ticker or some other item bearing the BTC designation.
Experts began to put forward various opinions on this matter. Someone associated this phenomenon with manipulation, some with Romania, but the answer lies on the surface – the BTC ticker may mean the Bahamian telecommunications company. But since these days in the Bahamas there was Hurricane Dorian, the popularity of the BTC request in the search engine accordingly jumped.
7. A senior official from the Central Bank of China announced new details about the digital currency that is being developed by The State. He noted that the principles of its functioning are largely similar to Libra.
According to him, cryptocurrency can be used on large platforms for money transfers, such as WeChat and Alipay.
He also explained the idea of the authorities. They believe that the development of a national digital currency was necessary to protect monetary sovereignty. Moreover, the use of cryptocurrencies emitted by private companies can lead to large losses for users. For example, if a currency issuer suddenly goes bankrupt. The digital currency of the Central Bank of China doesn`t have such risks, but also can be used without an Internet connection.
8. Binance will hold the airdrop of tokens of the JEX trading platform that it recently bought.
Initially, JEX tokens will be transferred from the Ethereum blockchain to Binance, and after that the company will apply for listing the asset on the non-custodian Binance DEX exchange. Next, 200 million JEX will be distributed among BNB holders on the Binance.com exchange. Accounting for BNB balances on the balance sheets will be carried out from September 6 to October 6. Those wishing to take part in the distribution must have at least 10 BNB in their accounts throughout the month.
Then, after October 6, Binance JEX will conduct an airdrop of JEX tokens on a monthly basis in the amount of 30% of the profit of the futures platform. The selection scheme for participants is similar.
9. Thomas Jordan,President of the Swiss National Bank (SNB), believes that stablecoins carry certain risks and may violate the monetary policy of Switzerland in certain circumstances.
He also added that the use of cryptocurrencies as a means of payment is limited because they are too volatile. Stablecoins, pegged to foreign currencies, can shake the monetary policy of Switzerland in the event that they begin to be massively accepted in stores.
10. Telegram has launched a test network of its TON blockchain. Developers and interested users will be able to independently launch network nodes and validation nodes. As noted by Mitya Goroshevsky, the technical director of TON Labs, there are now about 100 nodes in the TON network.
«We released the source code of the full node. The light client was released a few months ago. On Monday, we will release a demo of our developer tools» he added.
11. Startup Offchain Labs, which managed to raise $ 3.7 million investment from Coinbase Labs in April, launched an alpha version of the Arbitrum solution, designed to scale the Ethereum network.
It is reported that due to Arbitrum, each smart contract in the Ethereum network would be able to process up to 500 transactions per second, what is much more than the current figure.