1. Telegram is implementing its plans by quick steps. The other day, the company introduced a user-oriented version of the Gram Wallet wallet for the TON test network with support for the Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems. Anyone can go to GitHub and see the source code of the wallet.
The application allows creating a new wallet or importing an existing one. In the process of creating a new one, a seed phrase of 24 words is generated, which can later be used to restore access.
Also, there is possible to get immediately from 5 to 20 test coins. To do this, you need to contact other users of the wallet or Telegram bot.
At the moment, Gram Wallet can only be used for sending and receiving test coins. Transactions occur almost instantly.
2. Ethereum developers want to launch the Berlin hard fork by the end of June next year.
Interestingly, the next hard fork is planned for Istanbul, which, according to preliminary data, will be held on December 4, but the developers are already building more forward-thinking plans.
«A new ice age will begin in July, so we are obliged to upgrade the network no later than the end of June» Tim Beiko, product manager for PegaSys Ethereum startup, said.
3. The management of the popular crypto-derivative exchange BitMEX accidentally revealed the email addresses of a number of users in an electronic mailing list, where it was said about the upcoming changes in the structure of indexes.
«Some of our users received an e-mail message containing the email addresses of other users. We tried to take action as soon as possible and limit the scope of the problem. At the moment, we are evaluating the damage done. The reason for this situation will be clarified, and then we will contact all the victims. We are sorry that this happened» the exchange wrote.
It became known later, that the problem arose due to a software error. At the moment, it is fixed. According to The Block analyst Larry Chermak, approximately 30,000 users were affected.
4. At Trust Wallet, you can now access the bid book of the non-custodian Binance DEX exchange. Now users can place limit orders and view the Binance DEX trading history directly in the Trust Wallet application. Previously, trading opportunities ended in automatic execution at a market price.
5. Soon, Huobi Global will start to block American traders on its trading platform.
«The laws of the United States prohibit us from offering bidding to American residents. Therefore, all user accounts from the United States will be gradually disconnected. Freezing of accounts will begin on November 13» the exchange wrote in a new notice.
Statista data indicates that approximately 8% of the exchange traffic falls on users from the United States.
It should be reminded, that in July last year, the company launched the «partner» exchange Huobi in the United States under the name «HBUS». It provides similar services, but in addition it complies with local laws and regulations.
6. The Bitcoin hash rate has shown rapid growth in recent months, but it is gradually starting to decline due to the end of supply of preferential electricity to Chinese miners. A number of hydropower plants in Sichuan, which were used, according to some estimates, to provide electricity to approximately 50% of mining equipment for bitcoin mining, no longer have sufficient resources to service the needs of miners. As a result, they are forced to turn off their equipment or move to other regions with more expensive energy supplies.
7. Samson Moe, Blockstream’s director of strategic affairs, believes that regulators’ hostility to bitcoin could harm them.
According to him, despite on criticism, bitcoin really solves a number of problems, for example, inflation. Countries will be forced to accept cryptocurrencies because of their advantages, and the hostility of regulators to digital assets encourages hostility from the population.
«This is a double-edged sword. If you have power and prohibit bitcoin, you undermine your power. In such matters, you need to be extremely careful, because you can be «on the other side of the sword», which will hit you» Mou says.
He also emphasized the benefits of bitcoin, including its decentralized and deflationary nature.
8. Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO of Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), believes that bitcoin has the potential to become digital gold, but for this, it should be used more often in real life.
«It seems to me that gold has become a means of accumulation because it initially acted as a currency. We had gold coins and paid them. Gradually, gold began to receive the status of a means of accumulation – in any crisis it can be used as a payment» he noted.
According to Sprecher, in principle, Bitcoin can be transformed into fiat currency and calculated by it, but it takes time and requires resources. Therefore, you need to go a different way and create tools that allow carrying out transactions specifically in bitcoins. Bakkt is just developing such a solution.
In addition, Sprecher reports that many financial institutions are contacting the Bakkt platform regarding deliverable Bitcoin futures. Banks and brokers want to distribute this tool.
«They are currently trying to understand how our solution can be used and how regulators will respond to it. This dialogue is colossal» he said.