1. The developers of the private messenger «Keybase» decided not to extend the joint airdrop program with the Stellar crypto project. From December 15 to 22, the last 100 million XLMs will be distributed.
It should be reminded that airdrop began in September. The companies promised that in 3 months they would give out up to 2 billion XLM for a total of about $ 120 million. If the campaign is successful, they will extend it.
The organizers fulfilled their promise, but didn`t extend the distribution of tokens. This is due to the influx of fake people who abused the possibility of earning for personal purposes.
2. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has accused Shopin and its founder Eran Eyal of misleading investors. The regulator believes that Eyal distributed securities in the form of Shopin tokens and thus raised $ 42 million.
He promised to invest money in developing a platform for storing and tracking customer profiles in the retail sector, but instead he appropriated the money of investors for himself.
3. On December 10, Head of SEC Jay Clayton said in the Senate Banking Committee that the Commission takes a balanced, but at the same time, precautionary approach to regulating cryptocurrency space.
Clayton believes that the emergence of blockchain technology is a positive factor for the accumulation of capital by market participants.
«I`m positive about the technology of distributed ledgers both in the context of capital formation and in the case of the provision of promising investment opportunities for institutional and retail investors» he added.
Clayton also noted that the regulator devotes significant resources and attention to digital assets.
4. Travis Kling, the founder of Ikigai Asset Management, a digital asset management company, said that the cryptocurrency market is currently experiencing a phase of stagnation that has arisen and continues due to all kinds of fraudulent schemes.
«PlusToken. CloudToken OneCoin. The founders of exit-scams put a lot of pressure in the role of sellers. The rollback in the macro context was extremely bullish, but the price is not rising» he wrote.
Kling referred to the rationale of Delphi Digital co-founder Jan Liberman, according to which PlusToken partially influenced the rise of bitcoin in the first half of the year.
«You can combine the rally in the cryptocurrency market and the purchase of 128,000 BTC, which were brought into the pyramid» Lieberman wrote.
5. Mark Yusko, CEO and Investment Director of Morgan Creek Capital Management, treats in a bullish manner in relation to Bitcoin pricing. According to him, in the next decade, a number of factors, such as fundamental metrics of growth, the role of capital accumulation, the ability to withstand material inequality in the world and, in general, the characteristics of bitcoin will lead to its growth to the level of $ 500,000. Thus, bitcoin will resist capitalization gold already in the near future.
It should be noted, that initially Yusko was skeptical of the cryptocurrency market, but over time, he gradually studied the potential of the technology and changed his mind.
«The key value for bitcoin is in its network, which grows in proportion to the inverse sum of squares of the number of participants. This is Metcalf’s law» he said.
6. BitMEX has announced the addition of support for Bech32 format addresses native to Segregated Witness (SegWit) technology.
This update is only part of a larger plan to optimize the address infrastructure in the Bitcoin blockchain.
7. The crypto-processing service BitPay immediately added 3 stablecoins: USD coin (USDC), Gemini Dollar (GUSD) and Paxos Standard Token (PAX).
Now, more than 30,000 sellers who use this service, including Microsoft and Avnet, can make a request for funds in the above tokens.
In addition to stablecoins, BitPay supports three cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum. In the future, an XRP listing is planned.
8. The Dutch bank ING has begun developing a custodial service that allows storing cryptocurrencies of customers.
«ING sees the development of this industry and the emergence of new perspectives. The Bank is interested in developing a technology that will allow customers to work with digital assets without going beyond the legal framework» the bank said.
The ING repository will support bitcoin and a number of other cryptocurrencies.
9. The scheduled Blossom hard fork was launched in the Zcash network. This is the third cryptocurrency update. It was necessary to improve performance and increase network bandwidth.
The update was launched on block 653600, which was found at 00:50:05 by the mining pool Poolin.
10. Twitter will create a Blue Sky development team and fund it. It will create a decentralized standard for social networks.
Parag Agrawal will be appointed as the head of the technical director team of Twitter. In total, it is planned to get 5 people. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey noted that this is a necessity for the future existence of social networks. He added that initially Twitter was completely open and transparent. Many thought that it was he, who was destined to become decentralized. However, due to a number of factors, the social network chooses a different way and became more centralized.
Therefore, Dorsey decided to return to the original plan.
11. CoinShares released a report according to which Chinese miners control 66% of the global bitcoin hash rate.
In June, the value was 60%. Now it is the highest value in the history of tracking indicators.