1. Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange keeps up with the times and launches its platform for conducting initial exchange offerings (IEO).
There is necessary to pass identification through the Blockpass mobile app for taking part in campaigns.
The first project has already become known -Ampleforth. It is engaged in the development of the stablecoins on the blockchain using an algorithmic backup model to ensure the stability of their courses. It is planned to attract 645 bitcoins or about $ 4.9 million at the current rate. There is possible to invest from $ 20 to $ 10,000 by one account. It will be sold 5 million AMPL or 10% of the total token emission.
Users from Ukraine and Belarus are not allowed to tokensale.
2. Meanwhile, judicial documents were received by The Block, according to which Tether invested part of its reserves in Bitcoin and «other assets».
However, later it became known, that there is talk about 0.2 BTC. This purchase was necessary for paying transaction fees through the Omni protocol, on which the USDT is based.
3. In the last review, we reported that, according to Craig Wright, he has got copyright on the Bitcoin code and its «white paper». Later, the US Copyright Office issued a publication, according to which it doesn`t recognize Wright or anyone else as the creator of Bitcoin.
«According to our rules, we accept the application, but the applicant confirms the accuracy of the materials provided. However, the Bureau doesn`t verify the accuracy of any statements. If the work is registered under a pseudonym, the Copyright Office doesn`t check whether there is a connection between the applicant and the pseudonymous author».
4. The Netherlands Fiscal Information and Investigation Service (FIOD), with the support of Europol, blocked Bestmixer.io, a service, which allows hiding the true origin of Bitcoins.
The Bestmixer worked since May 2018 and in such a short period managed to gain wide popularity. For all the time, its turnover was at least $ 200 million or about 27,000 BTC. However, law enforcement agencies suspected that criminals laundered their money with the help of this service.
5. Elvira Nabiullina, the head of the Central Bank of Russia, said that a financial institution is considering the possibility of creating a stablecoin, which would be backed by gold, for mutual settlements with other countries.
«I`m inclined to think that it`s better to use the calculations in national currencies, but nevertheless, we will consider a proposal to create a cryptocurrency pegged to gold».
6. Meanwhile, the Financial Services Agency (FSA) of Japan plans to tighten oversight of cryptocurrency exchanges, as the authorities are concerned about money laundering at such platforms.
7. Anthony Grisanti, a cryptocurrency trader, who works on the New York Mercantile Exchange, expects a decline of bitcoin exchange rate to $ 7,000 and the subsequent consolidation of markets.
He announced this on the program Trade Alert on CNBC.
The trader argued his prediction of a decline in trading volume in recent days, which indicates the weakness of buyers.
8. The Swiss Stock Exchange SIX has announced the creation of its own stablecoin, which will be tied to the Swiss franc and will be used on its own site, the SIX Digital Exchange (SDX).
9. Mozilla has released an update for the Firefox browser, due to which it is possible to block scripts for hidden mining of cryptocurrencies.
The option is available on the «Privacy and Security» tab.
10. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) revealed a fraudulent cryptocurrency project, the organizers of which offered investments in diamonds.
The accused Jose Angel Aman has managed a cryptocurrency business called «Argyle Coin». It was a pyramid scheme, which involved the payment of profits to earlier participants by the expense of new ones.
SEC reported that Jose has deceived 300 investors since May 2014. He sold unregistered securities of two companies: Natural Diamonds Investment and Eagle Financial Diamond Group. His associates were Harold Seigel and Jonathan H. Seigel. The three of them appropriated a total of $ 10 million.
11. Sa Xiao, member of the Law Research Association of People’s Bank of China, said that Chinese citizens are not prohibited from owning Bitcoins or sharing them among themselves. However, it is forbidden to be facilitator in this operation, that is, to provide exchange services.
This policy of the Chinese authorities is tied to the desire to eradicate various fraudulent schemes, which mislead citizens.
It should be noted, that the ban on ICO in the country was introduced in September 2017, as well as the ban on trading in cryptocurrency.
12. According to the research company «Diar», over the past month, institutional traders have set new records in the amount of Bitcoin trading on derivatives exchanges.
According to a report on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) in April, the rate was $ 4.8 billion, but in May it already reached $ 6.6 billion. A similar trend is observed at Deribit, BitMEX and CryptoFacilities.