1. RIF Labs, the creator of «the federated» sidechain RSK on the Bitcoin blockchain, with the R-BTC token tied with Bitcoin, launched a «third level solution» to scale this technology.
They worked on the Lumino project for over a year and finally there is a result. The Gibraltar Company claims that Lumino can process up to 5,000 transactions per second. Undoubtedly, this is much lower than the Visa`s bandwidth, which is already 65,000 transfers per second, but if we talk about the bandwidth of the same Bitcoin with no add-ons (7 transactions), then the Lumino`s solution is quite productive.
The meaning of Lumino is similar to the familiar solution of the Lightning Network that it allows to perform operations offline, over the so-called «two-way» channels.
2. Company Paxos, issuer of the stablecoin PAX, announced that it has launched a new platform, due to which users will be able to instantly exchange tokens for fiat money and withdraw them to a bank account.
Previously, the process took 1 day, then the time was reduced to four hours, however, it was not very convenient. Now, the repayment of stablecoin occurs instantly.
3. The American Cryptocurrency Exchange «Coinbase» opened offices in 50 countries. Now the platform is available for residents of 103 jurisdictions.
«We are striving to improve the lives of people in those countries, where inflation undermines welfare» the company’s blog says.
4. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has once again postponed the decision on the Bitwise Company’s request to launch the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) for Bitcoin.
5. The Paysend Group Company plans to launch a stablecoin in the Stellar network in June, due to which over a million Paysend users will be able to send instant payments without fees.
6. Francois Villeroy de Galhau, Governor of the Central Bank of France and member of the Board of Governors of the European Central Bank, believes that stablecoins have more potential than bitcoin. He believes that cryptocurrencies tied to fiat money have more chances to benefit the world financial apparatus.
7. SFOX Company concluded an agreement with M.Y. Safra, due to which its customers will be able to access accounts insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
SFOX`s Representatives noted that for the first time in the history of the cryptocurrency industry, traders can receive a level of protection to which only participants in traditional financial markets had access.
8. Along with the growth of the first cryptocurrency, the requests in the Google search system associated with the word «Bitcoin» are growing, as evidenced by the data provided by the analytical service Google Trends.
Last week, the rate approached the level of November last year, when strong support was broken around $ 6,000.
9. In the last news overview, we said that, probably, eBay will start accepting cryptocurrencies. Representatives of the company denied these rumors.
«Cryptocurrencies are not accepted as a form of payment on the eBay platform. This is not our payment strategy» representatives of the company said.
10. Olaf Carlson-Wee, the head of the venture fund «Polychain», said that if the Facebook management is wise enough, it will launch its cryptocurrency on an open blockchain.
«I think that due to all the Facebook problems with the platform’s policy, they should create an open infrastructure» he said.
He also added that by creating a decentralized platform, the company will be able to avoid any consequences in the event of disagreements.
«This is similar to the situation with the creation of the Internet. The people who created it are not responsible for what is said or written there» the head of Polychain added.
11. Opera developers added support for the TRX token.
«Tron is a popular and fast-growing blockchain with an increasing dApp ecosystem. We are happy to add it to our browser» Krystian Kolondra, the head of Opera’s development department, noted.
In addition, as stated by company representatives, this is only the first step in a series of partnerships with various networks that are planned for the coming year.
12. Dmitry Medvedev, Russian Prime Minister, noted that the regulation of cryptocurrency at the legislative level now doesn`t make any sense because they have lost their popularity.
«Now cryptocurrencies have declined and aren`t so relevant in the matter of regulation» he said at a plenary session on May 15 at the St. Petersburg International Legal Forum.
However, the Prime Minister doesn`t exclude the probability of the return of the digital assets popularity.
13. Crypto Exchange «Binance» has published details of the new IEO project «Harmony».
It is planned to raise up to $ 5 million. A total of 1,575,000,000 ONEs will be offered or 12.5% of the total token supply. As in previous times, the selection will be the result of the draw. There is necessary to keep at least 50 BNBs on your balance sheet for participation by starting from May 20, 02:59 Moscow time and during the next 7 days. Each user will be able to receive up to 5 tickets (depending on the number of «holden» BNBs). 1 ticket gives the opportunity to buy ONE for $ 300.
It should be noted also, that the update of the stock exchange on May 15 occurred without any difficulty. Input /output funds are now available.
14. In the Bitcoin Cash network after the scheduled update, certain technical problems occurred. For some time, user transactions didn`t fall into the blocks. Subsequently, the bug was fixed.