1. The Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) on June 21 will provide rules for the regulation of the cryptocurrency industry that all members of the group will have to apply. It is should be noted, that more than 200 countries followed the recommendations by FATF.
«This is one of the biggest threats to the cryptocurrency industry. These rules are much more important than the SEC or other regulators» Eric Turner, the head on research in the field of cryptocurrency at Messari Inc., commented on the news.
It is already known that, according to the new rules, any company, which providing an opportunity to work with cryptocurrencies, will be obliged to identify customers who carry out transactions worth more than $ 1,000.
John Roth, the head of the compliance with the requirements of regulators at Bittrex, noted that cryptocurrencies are often perceived as a way to anonymously make payments, but innovations simply kill this feature.
«We will need to either completely rework the blockchain technology or create an identification system that is suitable for all cryptocurrency platforms, but there are more than 200 of them. Can you imagine how difficult it is?» he said.
2. Meanwhile, Bitfinex is actively blocking user accounts in order to obtain additional information from their owners regarding activities on the exchange. In addition, the company requires users to send an identity document and a photo with this document.
Paolo Ardoino, Bitfinex technical director, noted that the exchange had previously conducted spot checks in the event that the user was suspected of money laundering.
Also, the use of such measures was noticed by Bittrex. The company asks users to fill out a special form and only after that access to the exchange will be resumed. In addition, there is necessary to provide proof of employment and retirement income, as well as verify transactions.
3. Recently, it became known, that on July 10 it is planned to launch Gram-based derivatives on the Liquid stock exchange. Cointelegraph has found evidence that Telegram has nothing to do with this initiative. The initiator is a certain Korean organization Gram Asia, about which the source Cointelegraph had not heard anything before. Moreover, the document, which was signed by each investor before the acquisition of Gram, clearly stated that its sale is possible only in 18 months after the date of signing and only after the successful launch of TON. It is also not possible to transfer ownership of the Gram, which is most likely planned for Liquid.
4. Larry Chermak, the Block analyst, commented on the above news and noted that buying Gram tokens is a huge risk now. It is not yet known whether Pavel Durov’s business model will be viable and whether there will be any problems with regulators.
5. On July 22, it is planned to launch testing of the Bakkt platform functionality, which will give to institutional investors the opportunity for trading the supplying futures to Bitcoin.
6. Against the background of the spring growth of the cryptocurrency market, fraudsters became more active and started to sell the old models of ASIC-miners as new ones by replacing stickers and firmware.
The point of the fraud is that attackers sell badly worn-out Antminer S9 with a 13.5-14 TH / s hashrate under the guise of a new S9j / S9i with a 14.5 TH / s hashrate. The difference may seems too big, but at the same time, the price differs by several thousand rubles. It is impossible to reveal the fraud, when visually inspecting the device.
7. In the financial terminals Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg will soon be available new cryptocurrency indexes, which take into account posts in social networks and news. It is possible to acquainted with them on the analytical portal TradingView.
The development of indices involved in the company Cryptoindex. 1,800 cryptocurrencies that go through a series of filters will be counted.
«We analyzed more than 33 terabytes of information and identified 200 metrics to provide improved ranking in the index. The metrics are entered into the neural network and the final evaluation of the coins is issued» the company representatives said.
8. Binance launched an updated version of the platform for a limited number of customers that were randomly selected.
It is known, that the interface for working with fiat deposits has changed, the personal account has been reworked and a number of other improvements have been implemented.
Nevertheless, the main thing that interests everyone is margin trading, of course.
9. Omkar Godbole, CoinDesk analys,t said that the long-term bitcoin price indicator is ready to assume «a bullish position».
It is about the intersection of the 50 and 100 moving average on a three-day chart, the so-called «bullish cross». The last time this formation was observed in October 2015.
10. The portal CryptoCompare analyzed cryptocurrency exchanges and made a personal rating.
They analyzed geographical location (13.33%), adjustability (13.33%), investment (13.33%), professionalism of the team (13.33%), quality of data provided (13.33%), quality of trade control (6.6%) and market quality (26.67%).
Coinbase received the highest rating with 60 points, and Poloneix, Bitstamp, bitFlyer, Liquid and itBit were also received AA high. Binance scored 54 points, thus obtaining a grade A. In general, almost all indicators were close to the maximum, except for legal usefulness. In addition to Binance, OKEx received rating A, and In the distance are Bitfinex, Huobi and Bittrex. KuCoin – C, LocalBitcoins – E.