1. The Lightning Network, which is the main solution for scaling Bitcoin, in recent days has lost in terms of capacity that determines the maximum amount of transactions based on it.
On June 5, the Lightning Network lost more than 50 capacity bitcoins, but if it count from the May peak, then more than 150 BTC.
In March, the indicator exceeded 1,000 BTC and kept in a narrow range for a long time. The operator Lightning-nod Inbig.com told the reasons for the recession. He is the one, who has closed the main part of the public channels, because they were practically not used.
The operator LNBIG.com, which has about half the capacity, also commented on the news. He said that about 200-300 transactions fall on all his nodes per day. Sometimes the indicator of transactions reaches 600. In one month, he managed to collect a maximum of $ 20, while the opening of channels cost more than $ 1,000.
«I’m not making any money and I’m doing it only to support the network» he says. «It’s too early to make any conclusions, but the fact remains that at the moment the trend doens`t look very attractive».
2. Meanwhile, Samourai Wallet and Nodl announced the forthcoming release of the device for deploying «a full self-checking Bitcoin and LN node». Due to this, it will be possible to use the mobile wallet application without relying on the Samourai Wallet servers. This process is usually criticized because of the vulnerability of the wallet privacy functions in the fact that user transaction data is stored on a centralized server.
3. Jay Clayton, Chairman of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), he spoke about the reasons for which the decision to approve applications for Bitcoin-ETF was postponed several times.
According to him, the industry needs high-end custodial solutions that will be approved by US regulators. It is also necessary to develop mechanisms that don`t allow to manipulate the market.
«We have complex rules on the stock market, which exclude the possibility of manipulation. There is nothing like that on the cryptocurrency market. We cannot simply click the switch and say that cryptocurrencies are similar to stocks and bonds, because it is not true» he said in an interview with CNBC.
It should be noted that most likely, it will be possible to avoid manipulations only if the main volume of trading will be carried out on fully regulated exchanges, which would be controlled by the SEC. In this case, it will be possible to apply the rules that are actively applied in traditional markets.
4. Well-known venture investor Jason Calacanis believes that Bitcoin will be replaced by a new technology.
«It will decline to $ 0-500. Invest in Bitcoin as much as it is not a pity to lose» Calacanis advised.
5. However, the famous cryptocurrency millionaire Erik Finman, who earlier has announced «the death» of Bitcoin, changed his mind and believes that the price of the first cryptocurrency will soon reach $ 20,000. The catalyst for such a movement will be the interest of large institutional organizations.
6. Tom Lee once again gave a positive outlook, according to which, over the next five months, Bitcoin will overcome the $ 10,000, but then it will reach $ 40,000. He calls the effect of FOMO (the loss of profits syndrome) as the reason of it. People will see that Bitcoin overcame the current top of the line at $ 10,000 and consider that they are missing out on profits, so they will «jump into the outgoing train».
7. Representatives of G20 member countries called on the Financial Stability Board (FSB) and country- regulators to closely monitor the cryptocurrency industry and assess risks, taking the necessary measures during the process.
8. CoinShares conducted a study and found that 74.1% of BTC mining is provided by renewable energy sources. This is despite on the fact that the index has decreased since November, when the share of such sources was 77.8%. This is probably due to the growth of Bitcoin and the connection to the network of old equipment at the expense of other energy sources. This theory is confirmed by the fact that after the rapid fall of the hashrate at the end of last year, it steadily grows with the growth of the entire market.
9. On July 10, the GRAM tokens (by Ton project) trade will be opened on the Liquid cryptocurrency exchange. However, it should be noted, that it is about the secondary trading with the use of derivatives. The full listing of GRAM is planned to be implemented together with the launch of the main TON network in October.
Moreover, Telegram doesn`t act as an initiator and doesn`t comment on what is happening. The liquidity provider will be the Korean organization «Gram Asia», which, according to it, is the largest holder of Gram tokens in Asia.
10. Nasdaq has entered into a partnership with the CryptoCompare portal and plans to create a new product for obtaining information on cryptocurrency prices, which will be called Nasdaq / CryptoCompare Aggregate Crypto Reference Prices.
It is expected, that institutional investors will use it to make strategic decisions.
11. On June 5, the general director of the crypto-analytical service BTE.TOP committed suicide because of the embezzlement of 2,000 BTC, which belonged to the company’s clients. It is assumed, that he unsuccessfully invested this amount in a short position on Bitcoin with a leverage of 100x.
On the morning of May 31, Hui spoke with the group members in the WeChat messenger and said that he was expecting a bitcoin fall soon. The trader, who is famous among the general public because of his accurate forecasts, was wrong this time.
12. Binance conducts the last round of closed margin trading testing. For this, 1,000 people will be selected, who have a large number of BNB tokens on their balance. It is possible to apply through the Google form, the link to which is attached to the original Binance post.