1. This thursday, Binance increased the maximum leverage for Ethereum-futures to 75x.
In addition, it decided to remove the following trading pairs: USDS /TUSD, USDS/ PAX, SYS BNB, QLC /BNB, ETC /TUSD. The delist is associated with a lack of adequate liquidity.
New open-ended contracts tied to Bitcoin Cash were also presented. BCH /USDT is the third contract that was launched at Binance Futures. The maximum leverage provided is 75x.
KuCoin also announced the launch of margin trading with its own KCS token. Leverage in KCS /USDT pair is available up to 10x.
2. Bitfinex decided to remove the fees charged for making deposits in digital currency, including stablecoins. For fiat currency, the commission is still 0.1%, at least $ 60.
It should be reminded, that the commissions were established in December 2017 due to the influx of small transactions, which reduced the speed of the system.
«We learned to suppress deposit-related spam attacks, so there is no longer any need for commissions for small deposits» Paolo Ardoino, Bitfinex Technical Director said.
3. EY company, one of the four largest auditors in the world, has introduced a solution to reduce the cost of private transactions on the Ethereum blockchain.
The tool based on third-generation zero-knowledge proof (ZKP) technology, which significantly reduces user costs.
«In the iteration, which was presented in April, public blockchains could already compete with private networks. In this iteration, we again reduced the transaction cost by more than 90%, so private transactions will be more accessible for widespread use in business» Paul Brody, head of global development of the EY blockchain, said.
The provided solution allows you to group several private transactions into one, which reduces their size in the blockchain, and accordingly the commission costs.
4. The tracking service «Whale Alert» announced the transfer of 789 525 ETH ($ 105 million) from the alleged PlusToken cryptocurrency pyramid wallet.
Its wallets are still active despite on the actions of law enforcement against the organizers of the pyramid.
Recently, Chainalysis analysts presented a report of their new study, which indicated that 790,000 ETH and 20,000 BTC remained at the disposal of scammers. However, they have already sold 25,000 BTC and 10,000 ETH.
5. A former Kraken employee has sued the exchange, accusing it of unjustified dismissal.
Nathan Runion was hired as a financial analyst last March. He reports that the exchange received illegal income from servicing firms that are on the sanctions list of the Office for the Control of Foreign Assets. Runion learned this information and decided to draw the attention of the exchange management to this problem, but was ignored.
The plaintiff also said that he once verified the balances on client and operational accounts. A deficit of millions of dollars was discovered there. He tried to report this to management, but in return he was forbidden to work with accounts.
As a result, the contract with him was terminated on August 1, 2019. According to Runion, his dismissal is due to the fact that he found out about the deception of the exchange employees regarding their right to purchase shares of the company at a reduced price.
The truth of the words of the former Kraken employee has not yet been proven, but the exchange refused to comment on the situation.
6. Lael Brainard, a member of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve, said this Wednesday that the concept of the stablecoin offered by Facebook has not been proven, but the project itself is waiting for «a basic set of legal and regulatory challenges».
«What will differ Libra after the launch is a combination of an active user base, which makes up more than a third of the world’s population. At the same time, it will be a private digital currency that is opaquely tied to a basket of sovereign currencies. Without precautions, the network may be at risk» she said.
At the same time, Brainard, along with other critics of Libra, highlights the obvious potential of the technology – the implementation of fast and cheap transactions.
7. Kaspersky Lab experts have concluded that hidden mining is becoming less and less interesting to attackers.
According to their data, this year the number of «unique malicious objects» has increased by 13.7%. At the same time, the number of cases of infection with malware mining software has significantly decreased.
Attacks to web-miners were noticed 59% less often. If last year a total of 5 638 828 devices were infected, then in this year a figure dropped to 2,259,038.
«Attacks on home computers are gradually reduced, while «the high-profile cases» of infection are still present. For example, recently New Orleans suffered such an attack» company analyst Denis Parinov said.
He believes that hackers began to search for more profitable areas, but miner attacks are unprofitable due to low profitability.
8. TRON founder Justin Sun announced the start of a beta test of anonymous transactions based on zk-SNARK.
Confidential transactions will be used along with regular ones. They hide the addresses of senders and recipients, inputs and outputs, as well as the amount of payment. For their use, «zk-SNARK» zero- knowledge proof technology will be used.
9. Ricсardo Spagni or Fluffypony decided to resign as lead developer of Monero. At the same time, he will work in a team, but only in the background.
The reason for leaving is not named, another team member Snipa was appointed in his place.