- 1. Jeremy Allaire, the head of the cryptocurrency platform Circle and the creator of the stablebcoin USDC, believes that the own cryptocurrency of the social network Facebook has a positive impact on the cryptoindustry, so he doesn`t fear a potential competitor in the future.
- 2. ICObench has provided new data according to which the ICO industry keep on dying. Token sales through primary supply fell for 90% compared to last year. The ICO drew about $ 4.75 billion at the end of the first quarter of 2018. However, starting in January 2019 and up to now, the total amount of funds raised is $ 575 million.
There is also reducing the number of new projects that use this method of financing. In December 2018, 248 startups were registered. But there are only 238 from the beginning of this year to the present day.
- 3. The Cryptopia exchange, which was hacked in mid-January, announced this Monday that it officially resumes trading on 40 trading pairs.
«We are pleased to announce that we have tested 40 trade pairs for a security sign and we are ready to resume trading on them. Work in this direction continues and new tools will be available soon» the exchange representatives wrote.
- 4. Timothy Massad, The ex-chairman at CFTC, in a new published report urged regulators to pay more attention to the supervision of a digital assets new class. He noted that cryptocurrencies can be used for illegal activities, therefore it is necessary to strengthen supervision in this regard. It further notes that tightening regulation will reduce the risks of cyber-attacks.
- 5. Binance will allow Australians to buy bitcoins at more than 1,300 newsstands across the country by expanding the Binance Lite service. Customers will be required to undergo KYC / AML procedures for using this service.
- 6. According to a new survey published by the Japanese Internet giant GMO Internet Group, almost half of the respondents are expecting a huge XRP token increase in 2019.
11,000 people were involved the study. 70% of them believe that in the long term, cryptocurrencies are a good tool for investing. The main reason for this is potentially high profits. At the same time, 90% said that they had invested their money after the market peak at the end of 2017.
- 7. Anatoly Aksakov, The head of the financial market committee, states that The Duma decided to postpone consideration in the second reading of a bill «On digital financial assets» to April.
- 8. Avnet, one of the world’s largest distributors of electronic components and technology solutions, began accepting payments at BTC and BCH via BitPay.« Avnet continued to face challenges, which our customers face when introducing their ideas to the market, by accepting cryptocurrency as a payment method» said company representatives.
- 9. In Dubai, there was the first cryptographer installed to purchase BTC without having to go through KYC. However, there is still necessary to pass an ID, if users want to withdraw the Fiat.
The functionality of the device is currently limited. There is no opportunity to sell cryptocurrencies by using the machine, but Anhad Dhingra, the general director of the company that owns the Amhora cryptomat, noted that this option will be available in a few months.
- 10. Colette Kress, Chief Financial Officer at Nvidia, said that he expects a growing of cryptocurrency market, due to that the company will get rid of equipment that is actively used by miners in warehouses.
- 11. The next IEO campaign on the Binance Launchpad platform was with a big rush. Binance took into account all the inaccuracies in the work of the exchange during the previous tokensale and corrected them, but this didn`t help. The system was overloaded again, the work of the algorithm was disrupted and the tokensale was «delayed» for 17 minutes and 35 seconds. The reason of problems are related to bandwidth and caching.
«39,003 users wanted to buy Celer tokens and only 3,129 were able to do this» Changpeng Zhao (CZ), the head at Binance, writes on Twitter.
- 12. Analysts at Cisco Technology Corporation have published a new report where was stated that after 8 years, 10% of world GDP will be stored on the blockchain.
«The main advantages and reasons for the rapid development of the blockchain are its transparency. The trust between parties that use a distributed registry can be made to absolute – the researchers state. Manufacturers will be able to improve the tracking of components and finished products throughout the supply chain and provide new applications designed to combat counterfeiting due to the blockchain»
- 13. In the meantime, the bitcoin hashrate continues to grow steadily and has already reached its maximum level since November last year, exceeding the mark of 52,000,000 TX / s. It further notes, that the absolute record is an indicator of 62,000,000 TX / s, which was established in August 2018.
It is proposed, that this positive dynamics is associated with the start of mass production of the new miners generation of Bitmain Antminer S17, the chip for which was announced in February.
- 14. The KuCoin and Huobi exchanges partake in the new trend, which is to launch their own platforms for IEO. While information on these sites is quite small. As is known, the official start of Huobi Prime will take place on March 26 at 17:00 Moscow time and KuCoin promised to announce the first project by the end of this week, which will be added to KuCoin Spotlight.
- 15. Lightning Labs has developed a new solution designed to simplify the interaction of network users with the Lightning Network. At the moment, the user must wait as much time to open a payment channel, when performing a normal transaction. However, immediately after opening transfers can be done instantly. In this case, the bandwidth of these channels is fixed.
«Lighting Network channels are like money tunnels. Money moves through them, but the total amount of funds remains the same» Alex Bosworth and Bryan Wu, Lighting Labs developers, write in a blog post.
The new Lightning Loop solution is designed to solve this problem so users can use the same payment channel to get bitcoins. In other words, this withdraws money function from the payment channel to a bitcoin wallet, cold store or fiat currency through the exchange. Lightning Network user will be able to receive more payments due to this.