1. Platform of delivered futures «Bakkt» announced the development of a new application that will allow paying with cryptocurrencies in everyday life.
«We will launch a consumer application that will reveal the value of a new class of assets. Outlets will gain access to a wide range of customers with increased purchasing power» Mike Blandina, Bakkt Product Director, said.
The first Bakkt partner for the new app will be Starbucks. Its launch is scheduled for the first half of next year.
2. State-owned Chinese media called on investors to remain calm and not link the recent announcement regarding blockchain technology with cryptocurrencies.
It should be reminded, that last week, President Xi Jinping announced the need to develop distributed registry technology. After the news, the cryptocurrency market began to grow rapidly.
3. Samsung has added TRON cryptocurrency transaction support to its updated Samsung Blockchain SDK toolkit.
Last week, Justin Sun, CEO of TRON, announced that he would soon announce a partnership with the 100 billionth corporation. Then many wrote to him that he was exaggerating as always. But, on Tuesday, the South Korean giant published an updated version of its toolkit.
It is assumed, that by adding TRON transaction support to the Samsung Blockchain SDK, Galaxy S10 smartphone users will be able to work with decentralized applications and assets on its blockchain.
4. On Saturday, the trading volumes of the new Binance futures platform for the first time exceeded $ 2 billion. There was also a surge in BitMEX – the figure reached $ 8.67 billion.
Events happen against the backdrop of a strong increase in volatility, during which Bitcoin grew at the moment by almost $ 3,000, but then rolled back to $ 9,500.
5. The Chinese company Canaan Creative, engaged in the production of mining equipment, has applied for listing of securities in the United States.
According to the document that the SEC received on October 28, Canaan wants to receive a listing on the NASDAQ under the ticker CAN through an IPO. The desired investment amount is $ 400 million. Companies such as Credit Swiss, Citi Group, Galaxy Digital and others are considered as underwriters.
In the application, Canaan revealed its financial position. So, during the 6 months ending June 30 of this year, it suffered a loss of $ 45.8 million with revenue of $ 42.1 million. In the first half of 2018, profit amounted to $ 25 million, and revenue – $ 275 million. In the second half, it lost $ 16.7 million
The company is trying for the third time to gain public status. Local media estimated the company’s capitalization at $ 2-3 billion.
6. The hash rate of Litecoin after halving fell by more than 60%.
It was assumed that a shortage of the asset would provoke an increase in quotations, but this didn`t happen. Along with a sharp reduction in the reward for the found block, miners began to receive significantly less profit and, accordingly, stopped mining blocks.
7. Christian Gattiker-Ericsson, senior strategist and head of research at a major Swiss private banking group «Julius Baer», believes that cryptocurrencies have not yet received the trust, which would allow them to compete with fiat money.
«At the moment, we are still going through the Darwinian selection process. Projects are testing different commercial models, but there is no clear winner yet. Many coins have to struggle with the fact that their issue is limited, but accordingly they are more like gold than currency» he said.
8. The Wirex token, which has not so small capitalization, became the object of the proposed pump on the Huobi exchange.
In an hour, its rate paired with bitcoin has grown by more than 3,000%. In other pairs, the rise is also observed, but not so fast.
An interesting fact is that even after a few hours it is trading 80% higher than the value recorded a day ago. Usually after such pumps the price goes below the initial price.
At the moment, the causes of this phenomenon are unknown.
9. KuCoin is planning to launch its own service for margin trading on October 31.
There is no more detailed information regarding the leverage provided, support for trading pairs or other subtleties. It is only known that KCS holders will receive discounts on commissions in the amount of 20%.
10. In UAE airports, it is likely that soon blockchain and biometric data technology will be used to automate passenger verification.
Zamna raised $ 5 million to develop the above-mentioned products. The money raised will be used to develop the Advance Passenger Information platform, which runs on the blockchain. It also became known, that Zamna is already cooperating with the international airline holding «International Airlines Group (IAG)», the airline Emirates and the General Directorate of Foreign Affairs and Residency in the UAE.
11. The SEC informed Paxos that it would not be impeded for the launch of a regulated securities trading platform.
The platform will operate on a private blockchain. It will allow bidders to carry out direct bilateral settlements of securities transactions. It is assumed that such trade will be many times more effective than traditional systems.
Melayna Ingram, Head of Securities Related Products of Paxosa and Services Director, said that the platform has been under development for more than two years.
12. Bitfinex added support for bitcoins withdrawal to Bech32 format addresses with support for Segregated Witness (SegWit) scaling technology.
According to Transactionfee, the share of SegWit transactions in the Bitcoin blockchain is now more than 50%.