1. Yesterday, Bitcoin celebrated its eleventh birthday. On October 31, 2008, Satoshi Nakamoto sent a newsletter called Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System, which described a fundamentally new electronic money transfer system.
We have already analyzed the history of the development of Bitcoin from the 80s and up to the current time. Here is the link for the first part of the article – https://journalcdiamondcoin.info/istoriya-vozniknoveniya-kriptovalyut/. There are 4 parts in total.
2. In 2020, Changpen Zhao, CEO of Binance Exchange, plans to conduct 10-20 IEOs or 1-2 campaigns per month. Thus, their number may exceed even the sum of all conducted IEOs in the current year.
Binance added the ability to make deposits in rubles. For this, the AdvCash payment system was connected. The commission for the deposit is 3%, for withdrawing funds you need to pay 2.5% plus 50 rubles.
In addition, Binance added support for margin trading for the Qtum cryptocurrency. Now pairs with Bitcoin and USDT are available.
Earlier, Qtum developers announced the full release of their mobile wallet for Android devices, which is already available on Google Play.
3. The five largest economies of the EU have come together to impede the development of the Facebook cryptocurrency project. France led the group, supported by Germany, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. They met in October behind a closed door to discuss further plans to curb Libra, and then informed the rest of the EU in Brussels.
Officials noted that a complete ban could be quite problematic, because they need an official reason for the restriction and additional information on the principles of Libra. In addition, a complete ban may impede the development of other technological initiatives in the region.
4. The return of Jihan Wu to the position of head of the Chinese mining company «Bitmain» was a surprise to many. At a meeting on Tuesday, he stated that he had fired Zhan for «lowing up the problem, which was supposed to be a dispute over a conventional business solution, to the level of a power struggle».
Wu admitted that if Bitcoin had not bounced off its lows and lingered on them for a few more months, the company would have no funds left to pay its debts.
But even now, Bitmain is losing its leading position in the mining market. Competitors represented by Canaan, WhatsMiner and InnoSilicon are steadily increasing sales, and the company-controlled mining pools BTC.com and Antpool are losing ground.
A bit later, it became known, that Bitmain filed for an IPO with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The guarantor is Germany’s largest financial conglomerate Deutsche Bank. Information regarding the desired investment amount was not disclosed.
Bitmain even hired former Nasdaq China representative Zheng Hua as a consultant. This fact should increase the chances of listing in the United States.
5. The term for consideration of creditors applications of the exchange Mt. Gox extended for five months. The trustee of the bankrupt company Nobuaki Kobayashi made such a decision due to a large number of unresolved problem requests.
«A large number of applications are pending review. It is not possible to submit the plan within the previously agreed time period, and therefore it was decided to apply to the Tokyo District Court with an application to postpone the plan».
On October 25, the court made a positive decision and rescheduled until March 31, 2020.
6. Genesis Capital, a lending company, reported for the third quarter. According to the document, the turnover of its loan products increased by 38.1% compared to the previous quarter and amounted to $ 870 million. This is a new record, the previous one was $ 746 million.
At the same time, the total amount of transactions reached $ 3.1 billion.
Loans in USD or its equivalent are still particularly popular.
7. On Wednesday, the developers of Ethereum Classic presented a roadmap for the next hard fork of their network.
The Agharta fork will contain Ethereum Improvement Suggestions (EIP), which are included in the Ethereum hard fork called Constantinople. Due to this, Ethereum Classic should become fully compatible with Ethereum.
8. The Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group (CME Group) has unveiled the specifications of its future Bitcoin options.
«We are currently developing this tool. Futures options that are based on bitcoin will allow holders of put and call options the right, but not the obligation to buy or sell the underlying futures contract at the time of expiration. In fact, this is the same option as others already on the market. The only difference is the underlying asset, which is Bitcoin futures» Tim McCourt, Head of Alternative Investment Products at CME, said.
9. Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter, invested in CoinList token sales startup.
CoinList provides a platform for projects wishing to conduct a token sale or airdrop. The company began operating in 2017, and during the last investment round it raised $ 10 million. The amount that Dorsi personally invested was not disclosed.
10. Stellar switched to the 12th version of its own protocol and thus eliminated XLM cryptocurrency inflation.
Earlier, blockchain developers reported that inflation didn`t correspond to their original plan, and proposed to exclude it. They voted and most of the participants supported this idea.
11. The number of XRP transactions has recently grown rapidly and has approached historical highs of about 1.7 million.
At the moment, XRP accounts for over 50% of all cryptocurrency transactions. Ethereum is in second place, Bitcoin and Bitcoin SV share third.