1. Ripple raised $ 200 million through Series C. The investment round was led by financial group Tetragon. Also, SBI and Route 66 Ventures invested their money.
The money received will be used to attract banks and companies to make money transfers by using XRP cryptocurrency.
Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of Ripple, noted that the company currently serves more than 300 customers. He hopes to expand the customer base by 30-40% next year. The volume of transactions in the company’s network should increase by 600%.
Commenting on the last investment round, Garlinghouse said that in general, the company doesn`t need additional investments, but they will help it become more flexible during decision-making.
He didn`t say the profitability of his business, but noted that the promotion of XRP is the basic strategy of the company.
«Ripple makes money by selling licenses for using the software, but our priority is to popularize XRP, because together with the growth of the cryptocurrency exchange rate, we can earn on the sale of our reserves» he said.
2. Binance Singapore frozen the funds of one of its customers due to the fact that he had previously used CoinJoin transaction privacy technology.
«Binance SG operates in accordance with the requirements of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. We use anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing mechanisms. It happened that this user triggered the operation of one of these mechanisms» the exchange replied.
As a result, the client received his bitcoins, but promised to no longer transfer funds to his wallet through the mixers.
3. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has again postponed the decision on the application of Wilshire Phoenix, which wants to launch an exchange-traded fund (ETF), pegged to Bitcoin and US government bonds.
The published notice states that the regulator needs more time to evaluate Wilshire’s proposal.
Wilshire believes that it was able to eliminate all the regulator’s doubts about market manipulation, because of which all previous applications were rejected. Wilshire founder and managing partner William Herrmann believes that investors protection can be achieved by using multiple assets in an ETF basket. Moreover, if volatility in the cryptocurrency market grows, the trust will automatically balance the portfolio, reducing the share of bitcoin in it.
4. At Bitfinex, it became possible to top up an account by using a bank card. The exchange has implemented the service with the help of an intermediary «Mercuryo», which is owned by the Estonian company MoneySwap.
There is possible to buy 4 cryptocurrencies through the Mercuryo service – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Algorand and Basic Attention Token. Restrictions are established: the maximum payment should be no more than $ 2,000, but the minimum is $ 25.
Users, who have full or intermediate verification status, can also buy USDT through the OWNR service. In this case, the maximum payment amount is higher – up to $ 20,000.
5. Binance invested in the derivative platform «FTX» as part of a strategic partnership between the two companies. Under the terms of the deal, the exchange received a share in FTX and a long position on its own FTT token. Moreover, the transaction amount is not called.
«FTX will remain independent in its operations, but investments from Binance will help accelerate the growth of the company» Sam Bankman-Fried, founder of FTX, said.
FTX, for its part, will help the exchange in developing products for its spot market and over-the-counter platform.
6. Libra developers have published the second roadmap for the implementation of the Libra Core software, which underlies of the new network.
At the moment, they plan to focus on three directions:
• Launch of the main network;
• Definition of criteria for transition from the preliminary network to the main network;
• Libra community training to help attract new contributors.
According to the developers, they are in time for the deadlines, which were indicated in the first roadmap. They have already completed the study of all the basic functions to ensure the completion of the main network, and all teams have begun to engage in the implementation of tasks.
At the moment, 8 validator nodes have already been launched.
Patrick Ellis, one of the five members of the managing board of the Libra Association, said that he was confident of launching the project in 2020 according to the previously announced plan, despite on the significant pressure from regulatory authorities.
«Yes. Yes, it will undoubtedly be launched» he said confidently.
7. The Fortress group once again proposed to creditors of the already discontinued «MtGox exchange» buy out their exchange debts for 70% of their current valuation. The total buyback price is $ 787 per 1 BTC.
It should be reminded that this summer the company made a similar statement by bidding $ 900 per 1 bitcoin. At that time, the market price of the first cryptocurrency was more than $ 10,000.
8. Marketplace of cryptocurrency hash power «NiceHash» stops paying compensation to users who lost their assets as a result of a service hack in December 2017.
It should be reminded that the hackers stole more than 4,700 BTC worth $ 80 million at the current rate at that time.
In total, they paid 82% of the debt. The decision to terminate the payment of compensation is associated with the desire to receive a large profit for their operating activities.
«We cannot continue to indemnify users. We did this at the expense of commissions, which significantly reduced our net profit. Our income and reimbursement program are tax deductible. Thus, the total amount paid out is 100.4%».
At the same time, the service doesn`t exclude the possibility of resumption of payments in the future, however, only in case of a positive market situation.
9. The Financial Markets Regulator in France (AMF) approved an application for an ICO for the first time, which was filed by a French-ICO startup.
French-ICO is a platform that provides the opportunity to collect financing by using cryptocurrencies. This is the first company, which is in AMF`s whitelist.