1. On August 5, the halving of reward for the block mined by the miners in the Litecoin network was successfully held at block 1,680,000. Now, the reward is 12.5 LTC, but previously it was 25 LTC. The next halving is scheduled for August 2, 2023.
At the moment, 75% of the total LTC emissions have already been mined. Now inflation is 4.26%, but it will be 1.8% in four years.
Many investors assumed that the halving is already included in the price and reflected in the growth that was during the first half of the year, but after the event, the price will fall. However, the opposite situation happened. Lightcoin quotations rose by more than 10% to $ 107.
Although, subsequently the price rolled back to the place where the growth began.
2. On October 16-17, the 4th blockchain and cryptocurrency forum «Blockchain Life 2019» will be held in Moscow.
It is planned to bring together 6,000 participants from 70 countries at the forum. Basically, the development of blockchain technology in Russia and in the world will be discussed. The issue of regulation and question «where to invest in the last quarter of 2019 to make a profit?» will also be discussed.
There will be speakers:
– Gleb Kostarev, head of Binance in Russia;
– Bill Barghidt, CEO and founder of Abra;
– Pavel Lagutin, Senior Product Director at TRON;
– Sergei Khitrov, founder of Listing.help;
– Sergey Popov, co-founder of IOTA;
– and other.
3. On Saturday, the Bitcoin SV network was divided into three separate chains. 65% of the nodes were up to date, 17% were «stuck» on a 210 MB block, and 19% were not updated at all during the last hardfork.
4. The largest manufacturer of mining Equipment Company «Bitmain» reported on the results of the first quarter. According to the publication, it managed to extract $ 1,082 billion of operating revenue, but this didn`t help, and the company suffered losses of $ 310 million.
This is due to the elimination of obsolete 16-nm miners, however, company representatives are convinced that the situation will stabilize in the second half of the year, when new lots based on 7-nm chips will go on sale.
5. Regulators of the US, UK, EU, Australia and Canada issued a joint statement in which they noted concerns regarding the Libra cryptocurrency project.
It is said in the statement that the company has not been able to solve privacy issues in the past, but the new cryptocurrency initiative only increases concerns.
Authorities asked 28 members of the Libra Association to provide more detailed information about the project. For example, how the personal information of users will be used and whether it will be available to third parties.
6. Meanwhile, against the background of blocking the assets of local authorities in Venezuela, the trading volumes of Bitcoin are breaking records.
Over the past week, Bitcoins amount about 68 billion Venezuelan bolivars were bought. Deals are carried out on the OTC LocalBitcoins platform. This indicator is an absolute record for a country in which hyperinflation has been observed for quite some time. The past record was 58 billion bolivars.
On Monday, the Trump administration froze the assets of the Venezuelan authorities. All property of the state, government, political structures, including the Central Bank and the national oil and gas company PDVSA, are subjects to blocking. In addition, US citizens are not able to enter into deals with supporters of the President of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, but he is located in America.
7. Don Steinbrugge, Director General of the consulting firm Agecroft Partners, believes that Bitcoin will be a refuge for investors from inflation risks and will become an important part in investment portfolios.
He advised not to invest in the stock market at the moment, because it is very «overheated», but it is also not worth rushing to buy bitcoin, since its price is now too high, but it is impossible to adequately evaluate it.
8. Tom Lee, co-founder of Fundstrat Global Advisors, shared a similar opinion.
«Bitcoin is extremely curious this year. Over the past two years, it has correlated with the dollar. A weak dollar was a positive factor for the first cryptocurrency. However, this time, the strength of the dollar further strengthened the growth of bitcoin – this is a real turning point. The correlation with the stock markets has become negative».
Tom Lee also paid attention to the fact that Bitcoin is now more correlated with gold, thus showing that it is also a hedging instrument against global risks.
9. For the first half of this year, the main solution for scaling Bitcoit-Lightning Network-has grown almost by two times.
The number of nodes increased from 2,298 to 4,576, but the transactional capabilities of the network grew by 87%.
10. Paolo Ardoino, Technical Director at Tether, said that the company is currently working on the transfer of part of the USDT from Omni to ERC20, so large transactions may occur.
11. Against the background of the deterioration of trade relations between China and the United States, as well as the fall of the Chinese currency after the Trump`s tweet about the introduction of new duties, the cryptocurrency community has an opinion that the Chinese will buy up Bitcoins to save capital. Peter Schiff, a well-known proponent of gold investment and cryptocurrency critic, has denied this theory.
«The Chinese don`t acquire Bitcoin as a safe asset. This is done by speculators who expect the Chinese to start buying up the first cryptocurrency, seeing it as a safe asset» he wrote.
12. More than half a billion US dollars were withdrawn in total from the wallets of the BitMEX crypto-derivative exchange for the entire last month. Previously, the figure had never exceeded $ 100 million.
Probably, this is due to an investigation that Bloomberg reported in July. It was initiated by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) because of the presence of American users on the platform. Although there is not much information about this, apparently traders decided not to tempt fate.
13. Changpen Zhao believes that Trump is a smart investor and after the end of his presidency, he will buy Bitcoin.
«Now his position doesn`t allow him to buy cryptocurrencies and promote them instead of the US dollar, but everything will change when he ceases to be the president of America» he said.