1. On Wednesday evening, the cryptocurrency market fell slightly, the decrease is not so big (a little less than 10%) in percentage terms, but another event deserves interest.
Market participants drew attention to the appearance of a massive wall of $ 120 million from Bitcoin buyers between the levels of $ 10 120 and $ 10 150 at BitMEX before the fall. As a result, the volume of liquidation of the longists amounted to $ 144 million in one hour.
2. Altcoins this time ahead of the fall of Bitcoin. For example, Binance Coin, which is considered one of the strongest assets, fell 12% to $ 22.01. The last time such quotations were observed in May.
«They promise you a passive income of 15% per annum. You block BNB for one year, and the price falls off by 15% per week» one Twitter user said, commenting on the recently launched Binance Lending program.
As a result, BNB lost the sixth line in the list of the largest cryptocurrencies by capitalization. Now there located Tether.
3. Analysts commented on the sharp decline in Bitcoin. So, Josh Rager drew attention to the fact that Bitcoin may close at lower minimums for the third week in a row. He noted an analogy with the situation in 2017, when such a phenomenon was observed several times.
DonAlt believes that the schedule is «moderately bullish», but he doesn`t plan to buy Bitcoin at $ 9,500 now, although it was gaining a position last time.
Brendan Coffey,Forbes columnist drew attention to the correlation between the fall of Bitcoin and the closure of futures on the CME exchange next Friday.
«This decline may be an attempt to shake out excess passengers and enable large capital to purchase cheaper. This is a common practice on other financial assets. Big players lower the price in the spot market and then take a long on the forward» he says.
It should be noted, the record for trading volume was broken again on the CME.
«Since the beginning of the year, the average number of contracts concluded per day was 7,237, which is 132% higher compared to the same period last year» Tim McCourt, Managing Director of CME Group, said. The average daily trading volume was equal to $ 370 million.
Jeff Dorman believes that the decline is associated with low trading volumes. «Soon Labor Day. Half of the crypto went to Burning Man, and the other half didn`t do anything. Volumes are low, so affecting the price is quite simple. Previously, there were more investors, who were willing to defend the price».
Mike Novogratz believes that the current market weakness in no way affects a wider uptrend.
«At the beginning of the year, Bitcoin was trading at $ 3,500, now at $ 10,000. It has already grown by more than 200%. After such a recovery, there must be consolidation. I think that it is, what is being observed now».
Novogratz is still confident that «institutional investors would save this market».
4. On September 6, Bakkt, a cryptocurrency platform for institutional investors, will start accepting deposits, but trading will be launched on September 23. All necessary licenses have already been obtained.
5. BitTorrent is preparing to conduct internal tests of its streaming blockchain platform. Testing is scheduled for the third quarter.
As noted in the company’s blog, BitTorrent Live (BLive) will support live video streaming and messaging service. In addition, a user rating and a system of relationships between them are being prepared.
Active users will receive BTT tokens as a reward. Content creators will be able to receive gifts from other users and convert them to BTT.
6. CoinMarketCap still doesn`t like the current data reporting system, since there is a lot of falsification and laundering trading. The service will launch a new liquidity system on November 12.
7. One Telegram investor said that on September 1, the public TON (Telegram open network) test would be launched.
During the public test, the TON network node code and instructions for installing it will appear in the public domain. Sharding and consensus will also be available.
«Before closed testing, a small number of teams got access, all of them are professionals in their field. They tested the TON «light client» and the Fift programming language» one of the test participants said.
It also became known that the release of Gram might begin earlier than the scheduled date of October 31.
The company may release the first batch of Gram «in a few months».
8. Parity developers don`t have time to implement all EIP, so the deployment of the Istanbul update, which is part of the Metropolis version, was postponed.
It was previously reported that a hard fork is scheduled for October 4. Now, most likely, the date will be shifted to November.
«We can complete the implementation before September 6th» Wei Tang from Parity Tech said.
9. Jay Clayton, chairman of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), said that the regulatory agency doesn`t intend to change the current legislation in the field of securities to include cryptocurrencies. Nevertheless, he doesn`t want to impede the development of the industry.
«Many expect from us to take some steps in terms of changing the rules to add blockchain or cryptocurrencies to them. I always said that this would not happen» he said.
10. In the last issue, we wrote that due to dropped donations in the first quarter of this year, the Litecoin team offered to lower their salaries so that the Litecoin Foundation could survive the crisis.
Against background of this news, Litecoin creator Charlie Lee promised to continue providing financial support to the fund. He said that it accounts for about 80% of the organization’s funding.
«We want to ensure that the Litecoin Foundation is self-supporting through donations, partnerships and merchandise sales. But for now, I will continue to support the Litecoin Foundation financially as necessary» he said.
11. Recently, information appeared that China has completed the development of its own digital currency and it will soon be launched. Tencent, Chinese investment holding company, said that Forbes sources were unreliable and their guesses were unfounded.