1. «Finally» -can say those, who sat the entire rise of Bitcoin in Fiat; «As always» – will answer those who decided to enter the market at the peak. Bitcoin fell down in a few minutes at $ 2,000 after it established a new annual maximum in the region of $ 14,000. For a long time, there was no such volatility.
Traditionally, many altcoins fell down following the catalyst of the market. Lightcoin shows a weakness. It didn’t rise much on the uptrend (if take the last few days), but it was one of the first to make a difference, fell by 18% to $ 110. Bitcoin cache has also fell heavily.
2. Due to the rise of the entire market, «bitcoin-whales» increased their capital.
In January, the total assets of Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, brothers-founder of cryptocurrency exchange «Gemini», amounted to $ 654 million. But now the figure is $ 1.45 billion. So, It can be concluded that their capital has increased more than 2 times over a six-months period.
Grayscale also reported about an increase in the amount of capital placed in cryptocurrency trusts. They are already valued at more than $ 3 billion.
3. Against the background of volatility, the number of traders interested in making a profit is growing. On Wednesday, BitMEX, a large crypto-derivative stock exchange, reported that the sum of active positions on the platform exceeded $ 1 billion for the first time in history.
In addition, the record was set for the 24-hour trading volume – $ 11.39 billion. Over the past year, the amount of transactions on the stock exchange has reached $ 1 trillion.
4. CEO payment startup «Circle» Jeremy Ellair believes that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will continue to grow.
«During a crypto-winter, institutional investors accumulated assets. At the same time, the infrastructure around bitcoin and the blockchain developed» he noted on the program «Squawk Box» (CNBC channel).
5. Jim Reed, head of the case studies and lending strategy at Deutsche Bank, believes that the rise of Bitcoin is related with concerns about a reduction in the Fed’s base rate.
«If the Central Bank continues to maintain the current level of aggression, then alternative currencies will indeed become more attractive» Reed said.
6. Kraken CEO Jesse Powell is intend for bullish.
«When I hear talk of correction, I think about $ 100,000, or maybe $ 1 million» he wrote on Twitter.
7. eToro analyst Simon Peters is sure that Bitcoin will reach new record highs within two weeks, and by the end of the year the price of the first cryptocurrency will be above $ 100,000.
As arguments of his statement, he notes the absence of a huge rush, according to Google Trends. This may indicate that institutional investors are coming to the market, but not people.
8. Analysts at Genesis Capital are talking about institutional investors. According to their data, activity grew by 300% in the current year, which provoked the rise of the Bitcoin rate.
«Investors are trying to diversify a small part of their portfolio with various assets» an asset manager, whose name CNBC was not named, said
9. The Swiss Stock Exchange «SIX» has appealed to the Central Bank of the country to issue a stablecoin, which will be provided by the Swiss franc.
The asset will be used for payments on a new digital securities trading platform. Users of the future platform will be able to exchange their fiat currency for a new stablecoin.
«SDX will accept Swiss francs from member banks and give equivalent tokens in return. The ratio will be 1: 1».
The Central Bankstated that it is currently negotiating with «SIX» about the regulation of this initiative.
10. Binance officially introduced the updated Binance 2.0 platform, where margin trading is available.
It is noted that the process of transferring users to a new platform can occur with certain delays and inaccuracies. The old platform will be completely closed.
Margin trading will be available on such instruments as BTC, XRP, BCH, TRX and ETH. Leverage is still only 1: 2, but even this is enough to catch a margin call. Zhao noted that one trader has already been forcibly eliminated.
11. 7 of the 27 partners of the Facebook`s cryptocurrency initiative have joined the project with the condition that they will not have to promote the Libra token or use it.
It was reported earlier that one of the key factors, due to which Libra will be able to bring all its ideas to life is the presence of 27 major partners, including Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Uber.
However, it became known later, that some of them agreed to an agreement only on condition that they could leave the project at any time if something goes wrong.
Moreover, there is no company yet, which transferred $ 10 million for the right to join the Libra Association consortium, since no one has yet made a final decision about its participation in the project.
The concerns of partners are associated with regulatory pressure on the project, with the past Facebook`s privacy issues, social network relationships with corporate partners and the lack of a clear legal definition of cryptocurrency.
12. LedgerX received CFTC approval for launching supplied futures to Bitcoin.
13. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) started to accept comments about the change in the rules for Bitcoin ETFs listing. The collection period of comments is 21 days.
14. Amun AG launched another exchange product (ETP) on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX), this time it is tied to the Bitwise 10 Select Large Cap Crypto index.
The index tracks the 10 largest cryptocurrency by capitalization. The share of each asset varies monthly based on market participation. After the last balancing, which was May 31, the basket looks like this:
1) 67.8% – bitcoin;
2) 11.5% – ETH;
3) 8.33% – XRP;
4) BCH, LTC and EOS at 3%;
5) Stellar and Cardano – 1%.
15. Bitfinex has successfully updated the platform. There were no serious fluctuations in the course during technical work.
Earlier it was reported that the update is necessary for launching derivative products, but the timelines are still unknown.