1. On Thursday, The Block’s information portal reported that Binance’s main office in Shanghai was closed after a police raid. Against the backdrop of this news, Bitcoin began to fall.
A little later, a representative of the exchange in a conversation with Cointelegraph said that this information is not true. According to him, the company has no office in Shanghai at all.
« The Binance team consists of modern people who are not tied to any place. Most employees are decentralized. Binance doesn`t have a fixed office in Shanghai or China, so the information about the police raid is false»he said.
Changpen Zhao (CZ), CEO of Binance, has posted a number of negative comments regarding The Block.
«Instead of apologizing to the community for the fake headline about the non-existent «police raid», which caused significant damage to both the exchange’s reputation and the price of bitcoin, The Block is now trying to talk about whether there was an office, did I visit it … What’s the difference? Just report that you were mistaken, and apologize» he wrote. «We will sue them».
Frank Chaparro, director of The Block, gave his own point of view on the development of events. He says that CZ is cunning when he talks about having no office in Shanghai since at least 2017.
«In fact, there were 2 offices in Shanghai where Binance employees have been working for the past two years» he writes, citing various sources.
Regarding the published news, Chaparro said that a source that had proven its reliability passed information to the information portal.
«You can argue about whether the office was there or not, who was the tenant, how long, whether it is empty now and so on. But you cannot oppose anything to «the police raid», which was not there. If you hadn’t lied about this, there would be no article. Pure FUD!»
2. Meanwhile, against the background a significant decrease in bitcoin on the Bakkt platform, a new record was set on Friday – the trading volume exceeded the value of $ 20 million. This is 30% more than the previous record.
In addition, Bakkt representatives announced an indicative launch date for non-deliverable Bitcoin futures, similar to those that have been presented on the CME for almost 2 years.
New contracts will be listed on ICE Futures Singapore on December 9, 2019, provided that all final approvals are received.
The new instrument will be settled based on existing supply futures presented in September in New York. It will allow investors to receive payments in traditional currency.
3. Transaction processing fees in some Ethereum blocks exceeded $ 30, and the recommended amount was more than $ 40.
Coin Metrics researcher Nate Madry noticed this. It also noted that Ethereum blocks have recently been almost completely full.
These events unfold against the backdrop of the activation of the complexity bomb, which we already reported about in the past newsletter.
4. The People’s Bank of China, together with the Economic Investigation Service of the Municipal Public Security Bureau and the Municipal Liaison Administration, conducted an investigation in Shenzhen, China’s technology capital, and found out that 39 cryptocurrency exchanges are operating illegally.
It is unknown, which measures will be applied against violators.
Shortly before this, local authorities reported that a thorough check of illegal activities in the cryptocurrency sector would be carried out.
5. In the US, lawmakers have introduced a bill under which Libra and some other stablecoins can be recognized as securities.
If the initiative of Silvia Garcia and Lance Gooden, members of the House of Representatives, gets a move, then some regulators will receive increased attention to regulators.
«A simple investor must be sure of the honesty of the creation that provides such assets» says Gooden. «Thanks to this law, it will be possible to provide the proper security that investors deserve.
Regarding these assets, the rules that are already practiced to regulate securities will apply».
6. The analytical company «Chainalysis» conducted a new study and found out that the volume of falsifications of trading volumes by cryptocurrency exchanges has decreased.
Chainalysis analysts analyzed data on trading volumes of cryptocurrency exchanges and data from the blockchain, which indicate the volumes of bitcoins received to their wallets.
For reference, we used data from 10 exchanges, which, according to Bitwise, provide reliable information:
As a result, it was found out that on average on these exchanges for every incoming bitcoin, there are 6 bitcoins in the trading volume.
Then, analysts conducted a similar analysis among the exchanges of the first five of CoinMarketCap.
As an example, the BitForex platform, in which, starting in 2018, the trading volume indicator has grown significantly. So, in the case of this example, one bitcoin in the exchange wallet accounts for 40,000 bitcoins in the trading volume.
7. In South Korea, an amendment to the Special Financial Transactions Act has been added, according to which cryptocurrency exchanges will be required to register with the Financial Services Commission (FSC) of South Korea.
In addition, exchanges will be required to have virtual bank accounts confirmed by identification data.
Opposition lawmakers have expressed concern on this issue. In their opinion, this will cause many cryptocurrency exchanges to close, and accordingly, the domestic digital asset industry will continue to decline.
8. Bitcoin.com wants to launch a special investment fund of $ 200 million next year, which will be used to develop the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem.
The BCH Ecosystem Investment Fund will invest in various payment startups, which are based on the blockchain or cryptocurrency Bitcoin Cash.