1. Binance announced the addition of trading pairs with a number of fiat currencies, including the Russian ruble. This was announced by CZ at a conference in Moscow.
«In 2 weeks, we will add support for direct trading with the Russian ruble. You can use it to buy cryptocurrencies at Binance.com» he said.
2. Telegram sent investors a letter commenting on the adjournment of hearings as part of the proceedings with the SEC.
In the letter, the company claims that it is a positive sign for it, because there is time to prepare good support for the position of Telegram.
«The February hearings are different from those scheduled for October. We will seek a solution to the key argument that Grams are not securities. In October, the issue of whether to approve the delay was to be decided» the company wrote.
Also, it became known in this case that Poloniex received an application for listing Gram even before filing a lawsuit against Telegram from the regulator.
In addition to this exchange, listing was planned, according to SEC, on Coinbase, Poloniex, Bittrex, Huobi, Binance, Blackmoon Crypto and Liquid.io.
In addition, it became known that Telegram was still negotiating with the regulator during the summer and was ready to abandon the Gram purchase function through the TON Reserve service if it would cause the token to be recognized as a security. The SEC claims that the company didn`t demonstrate readiness for cooperation. So, the regulator asked for a number of documents, including all contacts with investors, exchanges and potential token keepers. A Telegram lawyer replied that providing such information violates investor privacy agreements.
3. Facebook thought about revising the approach to implementing its initiative and considering the launch of a number of digital tokens pegged to national currencies, instead of a single synthesized Libra.
«Instead of a synthesized unit, we can create several tools at once: the stablecoin and the dollar, the stablecoin and the euro, the stablecoin and the pound and so on. This is one of many options» David Marcus said.
He emphasized that the company’s task is to create an effective payment system, therefore, it is considering several alternative approaches.
4. The analytical platform «Skew» drew attention to the fact that institutional investors are building up long positions in bitcoin futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME).
Since October 1, the volume of positions has grown from less than 500 BTC above 1,000 BTC. Prior to this, the maximum value was in early September – 1,500 BTC.
5. Opera web browser developers have integrated bitcoin payments and cryptocurrency TRON support into their application for Android devices.
Now, Opera users can carry out bitcoin transactions and interact with decentralized applications on the TRON network directly from the embedded application.
6. Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Heath Tarbert believes that Ethereum futures will appear on the market in 2020.
He noted that the Commission is ready to approve this tool, but so far, there is no company that would take the initiative in this direction.
7. The American economist Stephen Moore, who was nominated as the candidate for the position of head of the Fed by the current US President Donald Trump, creates his own stablecoin.
Moore says that his libertarian views made him believe in cryptocurrencies as an important alternative to state-emitted money.
«I have been following monetary policy for 30 years and I was always wondering why the state has a monopoly on currency. This is clearly abnormal» he said. «In a healthy situation, private money must compete with state money».
The Frax rate will be pegged to the US dollar, however, no full fiat security is planned. Instead, Moore and the development team want to use a partial reserve model, in which specialized algorithms will be responsible for asset allocation and interest collection in order to maintain exchange rate stability.
8. Bitfinex asked the court to call the former trust company manager for questioning. It suggests that this could help recover over $ 850 million of its funds.
The exchange wants to recruit Rondell Clyde Monroe, former Vice President of TCA Bancorp, for interrogation. In addition, it wants to receive documents related to Monroe’s contacts with Crypto Capital employees.
According to Bitfinex, Crypto Capital used TCA Bancorp accounts to transfer money belonging to it, but Monroe has information that will help return more than $ 850 million.
9. HTC introduced the new blockchain smartphone «Exodus 1s», which supports the launch of the full Bitcoin node.
The price of the device is € 219. At first, it can be bought in Europe, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Taiwan.
It is recommended to use a WiFi network and connect the smartphone to a power source for start a full Bitcoin node. There is possible to expand the device’s memory with an SD card by 400+ GB for store transaction history.
In addition, the smartphone has a hardware wallet for storing various cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Litecoin and Binance Coin.
10. The company Satoshis Games has announced the creation of an analogue of the computer game Fortnite – Lightnite. It is notable because it will allows earning Bitcoins and support the Lightning Network.
Earnings will depend on the number of characters killed. If the player dies, then one`s loses the earned bitcoins. Among other things, it will be possible to buy in-game items and artifacts for Bitcoins.
The earned bitcoins can be withdrawn by using the Lightning Network, if desired.