1. Deutsche Bank strategist Jim Reid suggests that the next decade will be prosperous for the development of cryptocurrencies.
In his report «Imagine 2030», he looked at 24 alternative ideas that could come to life if national currencies continued to show their insecurity.
«The forces that were the foundation of the fiat system now look less strong and could collapse in the 2020s» Reid wrote. «With this scenario, fiat money will begin to be torn away, but in return there will be a demand for alternative currencies, such as gold and cryptocurrencies».
2. Binance once again announced «the Community Coin» campaign, during which users can choose a coin that will be listed on the trading platform.
This time it is need to choose between COTI and VITE. Voting will begin on December 12 at 07:00 Moscow time and will last 24 hours. Each user will receive as many votes as he has had a BNB in the past six days.
As in previous times, the campaign participants who choose the winner will receive a reward.
Against the background of the announcement, VITE grew by 81%, and COTI by 50%.
Binance also summed up the IEO TROY project. 15 605 people took part in the campaign. They received 88,632. 76.57% of the participants had at least one winning ticket, and in total there were 22.57% of winning tickets.
Among those who didn`t receive a single ticket, they conducted an airdrop in the amount of $ 150,000.
The company also announced the addition of support for Cosmos cryptocurrency stacking (ATOM). The fixation of balances began on December 5 at 3 a.m. Moscow time. The distribution of awards will be made until the 20th day of the month.
3. On December 4, an anomaly was noticed in the Bitcoin blockchain – the largest volume of transactions carried out within one hour. The amount was $ 8.9 billion. This is the highest value for the entire life of the first cryptocurrency.
It became known later, that Bittrex is behind these transactions.
4. The European division of the licensed Japanese exchange «BitFlyer» has added the ability to purchase cryptocurrencies by using debit and credit cards. Also, it is possible to use local payment systems like Sofort, iDeal and GiroPay. The operation is carried out almost instantly. It can be compared to buying cryptocurrency in exchangers.
«We are trying to bring cryptocurrencies as close as possible to a wide audience» Andy Bryant, COO Europe BitFlyer, said .
However, they didn`t provide information about the counterparty, which will handle the processing of fiat payments.
5. The Central Bank of France plans to test its own digital currency in the first quarter of next year. The head of the regulator Francois Villeroy de Halo stated this.
A limited number of institutions will participate in the project. At the moment, they are not talking about retail payments for citizens.
The initiative aims to improve the French financial system and build confidence in the national currency.
6. Bitfinex has entered into a partnership with a Bitrefill gift card provider. This will allow users of the site to make purchases by using Bitcoin and pay through the Lightning Network.
Cards can be bought in their wallets on the Bitfinex website.
«This collaboration speaks of creating a new era in bitcoin commerce. We will continue to deal with such decisions in order to ultimately completely get away from fiat currency» John Carvalho, director of communications at Bitrefill, said.
7. Tuur Demeester, partner-founder of Adamant Capital, thinks that analysis methods developed by stock market expert Richard Wyckoff at the beginning of the 20th century can be applied to the current cryptocurrency market.
In a conversation with Peter McCormack during the recent podcast «What Bitcoin Did», Demeester said that there are different stages of asset accumulation in the market. One of them is associated with reaching «the bottom». This is exactly what Bitcoin traders expect, however, according to the analyst, it has not yet arrived.
«The bottom will be reached when there are no traders who want to sell» he said. «Now we are much higher than the bottom, which was fixed at around $ 3,000. I no longer believe in a return to those quotes, but a decline to $ 5,000 is acceptable» he said.
He also noted that Bitcoin can upgrade its historical maximum, but this will not happen in the near future.
8. A number of analysts commented on the bitcoin halving. So, crypto entrepreneur Alistair Milne believes that he will undoubtedly have a positive effect on pricing.
«How can it be that $ 45 million of unsatisfied demand per week doesn`t affect the price?» he wrote.
Analyst Willy Wu believes that at the moment, fundamental factors have changed that don`t allow forecasting based on historical data.
«Previously, halving never came in a bearish trend. Miners are already getting rid of cryptocurrency reserves, thereby provoking pressure from sellers. Earlier, miners began to come out after a halving, when the reward was halved. We are witnessing a unique alignment, rather bearish in anticipation of the event» he wrote.
Jason Williams, co-founder of Morgan Creek Digital, believes that the market will not react at all. Cihan Wu, the head of the Chinese mining company Bitmain, has a similar opinion.
Anthony Pompliano also commented on this issue: «Halving is not included in the price of bitcoin».
9. «The Great Chinese Firewall» blocked access to the analyst of activity browser on the Ethereum blockchain.
Requests to etherscan.io from China don`t bring the desired result.
«This is another example of decentralized technology friction with tight control and centralized management» Matthew Graham, CEO of investment firm Sino Global Capital, said.