Overview of the top news in the cryptocurrency industry over the 24.04.-25.04
1. The USDT issuer Tether has «printed» 300 million of new coins. It remains to be seen whether how exactly the tokens will be used, but there are exist two versatile versions in the cryptocommunity. Some state, that this is a new infusion into the industry and the quotations of digital currencies will start to increase in a short time, others are pessimistic and believe that big business leaves the market in USDT in this way. Obviously, that 300 million is a substantial amount, if we take into account the total capitalization of stablecoin, which amounts approximately 2.827 billion.
In the meantime, there were some good «walls» on the Finex for the purchase of 300-500 btc. This is probably the major players don`t allow quotations to fall and the new USDT is proof of this.
2. Network of kiosks for cashing Coinstar coins is increasing steadily – over 2,000 new kiosks have been installed in 19 US states. The company reported that such achievements were made possible due to an alliance with the blockchain-startup Coinme, which was announced a few days ago. A press release, which was published by Coinme on Wednesday said, that the first quarter of this year was the most successful over the five-year: the amount of transactions increased by 92% and the number of processed transfers by 109%.
3. Since Binance Coin has shown a strong dynamic over the past few months, its adherents started to call the coin «The new Bitcoin». However, the agency Weiss Ratings considers that the BNB will never take the place of the first cryptocurrency and there are several arguments.
The first one is the BNB centralization. Bitcoin is completely decentralized, even its creator is unknown, so there is an advantage. The second one is the unreasonableness of the BNB powerful increase.
4. Cryptocurrency startup «Bitspark» launches stablecoin tied to the Philippine peso.
The first company that will use peg.PHP (this is a technological startup Okra Solar, which is located in Cambodia) was announced. The company provides an autonomous solution based on solar energy for remote regions. There is argues in a press release of the stablecoin, that this will be the first time of tool like this for payments of community services.
5. Developers of browser « Brave» introduced some new services to users, designed to improve the interaction process within the Brave Ads program. But now there is an opportunity to earn BAT tokens by watching ads. The distribution will be following:
– Advertiser pays to browser developers for advertising
– 30% they get for themselves and 70% there pay to users for its watching
Coins can be used for encourage advertisers (if you like the content), exchange for various awards, for example, vouchers for a restaurants or hotels. In the future, it will be possible to transfer tokens to crypto-exchanges and then cash they out on fiat currency or buy another cryptocurrency.
6. Jonathan Levin, co-founder of analytical agency «Chainalysis», reported that Bitcoin is still used in most cases of cryptocurrency scams. Its share is about 95%. Despite on the fact, that the ecosystem contains completely anonymous cryptocurrencies, such as Monero and ZCash. Nevertheless, it is more profitable for attackers to use Bitcoin, because it is still the most valuable and liquid coin.
7. Binance has launched a crypto-fiat platform in Singapore. There is only one trading pair is available now – BTC / SGD. There is need to create an account for trading in the local payment service Xfers, which provides a cryptocurrency wallet approved by Singaporean regulators.
8. Company «TrustToken», issuer of stablecoin TrueUSD, launched a new stablecoin- TrueAUD, which is tied to the Australian dollar in the ratio of 1: 1. It is reported, that crypto-exchanges can add pairs with a new tool. Users can purchase the coin through a special application.
9. Coinbase Exchange closed its Chicago department by firing 30 employees. The tasks, that it performed, will be took over to the San Francisco branch office.
The Chicago department has been developing specialized market technologies such as high-frequency trading tools (HFT).
This step indicates that the company decided to change its priorities, relying on large institutional clients, which are require the redistribution of resources in such areas as custodial services and over the counter deals.
10. South Korean electronics giant «Samsung» works on creating its own blockchain based on Ethereum and plans to launch a token in the future. At the moment, the work is at the stage «internal experimental».
«We are expecting, that Samsung Coin will be presented to the market, however the direction of development has not yet been determined» one of the anonymous sources said.
11. The Ethereum blockchain was used by the French giant of financial services «Societe Generale Group» for the release of bonds worth about $ 112 million in token stocks. However, the rating agency «Moody’s Investors Service» reports that «Societe Generale Group» was the just investor, so in fact, the company released securities for itself.
12. Regulatory sandboxes will be created in the Moscow, Kaliningrad, Kaluga and Perm regions for testing distributed registry and cryptocurrency technologies. Savva Shipov, Deputy Minister of Economic Development, has announced this.
In addition, neural and quantum technologies, artificial intelligence, robotics, virtual and augmented reality will be developed and tested along with the above-mentioned technologies. Shipov said, that due to this, it will be possible to achieve the impulse development of new technological solutions.
13. On the American stock exchange «Nasdaq», there will be very soon a tool associated with bitcoin. This was reported by a specialist in quantitative analysis, also well-known on the social network Twitter under the nickname Cryptopolis.