1. The American depository and investment company State Street, together with the cryptocurrency exchange Gemini, will test reporting mechanisms when working with Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Campaigners noted that this is the first of a kind project with which they want to harmonize reporting for digital assets held by Gemini with traditional asset procedures.
2. A developer of tools and infrastructure services for Alchemy blockchain projects, received an investment of $ 15 million under the series A. Investors: Stanford University, Charles Schwab, Samsung, Coinbase, Google Board Member John Hennessy, Yahoo Co-Founder Jerry Young, LinkedIn Co-Founder Reed Hoffman and Tom Gloser, former CEO of Thomson Reuters. The lion’s share of the funds was invested by the crypto investment company Pantera Capital.
3. Alex Holmes, CEO of MoneyGram payment company, in a conversation with CNN, spoke positively about the XRP-based solutions provided by fintech startup Ripple, while admitting that he and MoneyGram don`t have cryptocurrency.
«Making international transactions is quite difficult» Holmes said. «Ripple products are «magic». They allow you to make almost instant transfers without «stuck liquidity».
He was asked if he was holding XRP for investment purposes, to which Holmes replied: «We try to sell any incoming XRP right away». According to him, the company doesn`t have the right to keep cryptocurrencies due to regulatory restrictions.
4. Bitcoin continues to fall: on Tuesday, it fell to the level of $ 6,700. Against the background of this event, some analysts made their assumptions about future pricing.
Bloomberg analysts point out that the next support is at around $ 6,500, to where the first cryptocurrency exchange rate was already dropping at the end of October. Then the fall is possible up to $ 4,000.
«We can see a steady decrease in lows and highs over the past 6 months. This is clearly a negative sign» strategist Miller Tabak & Co said. Matt Maley: «If you look from a fundamental point of view, I believe in bitcoin, but much more time will pass before the next growth».
Joe007,one of the leading traders at Bitfinex, noted that the wall for the purchase of 500 BTC is steadily replenishing on the exchange. As soon as it disappears, the price will go down.
Analyst Filbfilb noted that he was ready to enter the long below $ 7,000: «I have been studying the bid book and market reaction for a long time. I`m ready to take the risk in anticipation of a rebound. I don`t recommend repeating my actions».
According to analyst Jacob Canfield, the current downward cycle will bring the price of bitcoin to around $ 5,500, which is located at 78.6% of the Fibonacci retracement level from low to high of the last year, but before that it will bounce back several times.
5. One of the earliest UK cryptocurrency exchanges Coinfloor early next year will remove Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. This is due to the burdensome technical support of assets and their low demand.
The delist will happen on January 3, on the eleventh anniversary of the creation of bitcoin. The exchange revealed this plan in anticipation of the launch of Ethereum 2.0.
«We’ll have to service the asset after each update, and Ethereum has many more» Obi Nwosu, Coinfloor founder, said.
6. Nassim Nicholas Taleb, an American writer and statistician, author of the economic bestseller «Black Swan», notes that cryptocurrencies are becoming more popular and trust in the authorities is decreasing.
«We cannot just ignore cryptocurrencies, in particular bitcoin. I see examples where people no longer believe in the banking system. Central banks may no longer control monetary policy, because cryptocurrencies will begin to dominate. A currency without a government is a great idea» he said.
Taleb doesn`t exclude that the Bitcoin exchange rate may collapse, but he thinks that cryptocurrencies will continue to be in demand among consumers.
«Give us the opportunity to compete and then we will see who will win» he added.
7. OKEx cryptocurrency exchange is the first to integrate DAI Savings Ratio (DSR), so stablecoin holders will be able to earn 4% of the assets on their accounts.
As representatives of the decentralized autonomous organization MakerDAO noted, users will receive this opportunity on the OKEx exchange on December 23. Customers will be able to deposit DAI into their accounts and stake them through DSR.
At the moment, they don`t plan to establish minimum or maximum deposit thresholds, as well as introduce some kind of commission.
8. An American court agreed to help Bitfinex exchange recover part of the $ 880 million that was transferred to the processing service Crypto Capital.
«We are pleased that the court upheld our request for information that will help restore assets» chief lawyer of Bitfinex said.
9. Analysts at Chainalysis conducted a study and found out that the organizers of the fraudulent scheme «PlusToken» had already liquidated about 25,000 BTC, while they still had 20,000 BTC left at 8,700 addresses.
«When you try to predict future pricing, it is necessarily to consider this fact. PlusToken’s pressure from sellers will continue» they said.
10. Justin Drake, researcher at the Ethereum Foundation, proposed launching Ethereum 2.0 on July 30, 2020, the fifth anniversary of the creation of Ethereum. He hopes that the launch of the full-fledged test network Ethereum 2.0 will take place in the first quarter of next year, respectively, by July 30, it will already be stable for at least three months.
Danny Ryan, another researcher at the Ethereum Foundation, calls Drake’s forecast too pessimistic, since the block zero, in his opinion, can be released much earlier.
Other panelists decided not to make any predictions.